First post here!

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by Kirk Esenberg, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Kirk Esenberg

Kirk Esenberg Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone! I gun hunted when I lived in NW WI (God's Country!) but never bow hunted. I was given a Bear Whitetail Hunter LH bow from a friend and would like some information about it. I'm right handed so going to sell it. It's wrapped in camo tape so don't know if it has any markings, but have a few pictures including the BEAR logo and peak weight settings tag. Length is 50" (45.25" center to center cam) Would it be best if I asked about this in the Tech Talk section?

Don't know much about bows but was an outside Sales Executive for an aluminum forge shop about 12 years ago. I was successful getting into and receiving orders for aluminum forged risers from Bowtech, Hoyt and Matthews. Mostly longer risers for competition as most of the shorter risers were machined from extrusions. IMG_2934 (1).JPG IMG_2933.JPG IMG_2925.JPG IMG_2955.JPG IMG_2958.JPG IMG_2960.JPG At any rate, I really enjoyed visiting those manufactures and seeing their manufacturing processes! The finance gal I worked with gave me the leads as she competes on a national level. Who would have thunk longer risers are machined from forgings! I sure didn't.

The whitetail deer on my avatar basically lives on our property in the county. Beds under our apple tree and often looks at us thru our farm house windows! Doesn't even care if our dog is outside on the runner. He must know the dog is not a threat.

2. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome! In your post you mention getting some information on that bow, but you didn't say what information you were after? That bow reminds me of my old Bear Polar LTD, my first compound. Wish I still had it.

3. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the site, any questions just ask.

4. montec

montec Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would keep it. Could be a collectors item. I believe it has more historical value than to use in field.

5. Kirk Esenberg

Kirk Esenberg Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I would like to know approx. how old it is and it's worth, which I understand is likely difficult with just the pics. Would removing the camo tape reveal a serial number or any other markings? Thanks for your comment Montec, if it is a collectors item, I'll hang it on the wall where all my other outdoor stuff is.

I might contact Bear direct. Barretta responded to an old .22 short handgun I own as they have a history library.

6. Kirk Esenberg

Kirk Esenberg Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I took the camo tape off and found some markings. I think the tape preserved the marking/finish of the bow. The serial number is painted on, is that normal? Before I check with Bear, any feedback on age or value would be awesome!

Attached Files:

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Put that on the wall, or e-bay. Cool old bow but the performance available now is amazing compared to it.

Fix likes this.
  8. Kirk Esenberg

Kirk Esenberg Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Sota, It's on the wall now!

Sota likes this.