First IBO Nationals shoot

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by INbowhunter, Apr 28, 2014.

1. INbowhunter

INbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, aint been on here in a while. Here recently I was persuaded to compete in the IBO Triple Crown 3-D National Championship in Bedford, IN. I've never shot in a tournament of this size. Any tips or class recommendations would be great. I'm traveling down with another IBO national champion so he may help with the nerves. I'll be turning 18 in a week, not sure if I should shoot in the youth class or open hunter class. I was told I would have a better chance in the open hunter class since I'm using a hunting set-up.

2. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just shot in the Spring Nationals in Pipestem a few weeks ago... I was out of my league, but didn't care... I shot MBO... BUT I finshed in at the middle of the pack. My best advice is unless you think or know you are at the level of the guys you are competing against... I wouldn't worry about what class I shot in... Just go and shoot your best for YOU. Learn things for yourself, make it about you... not how you are stacking against everyone else. And Have FUN... I think if you'll do that, you'll finish better than you think.

3. Cougar Mag

Cougar Mag Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck and most of all have fun! I used to shoot that the first few years when it started at Bedford. Seemed like it always rained when I was there.

4. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have fun and take your muck boots. Depending on what range you're on be prepared for a hike to get there. If you're using hunting equipment you would be better in a hunter class compared to the youth open.

5. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good Luck, let us know how it goes.