First bow

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by 808hunter, Apr 19, 2017.

1. 808hunter

808hunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone,

I have decided that i am going to get a new bow. I am deciding between the Hoyt powermax or the mission ballistic 2.0. Which one do you guys think I should get?

2. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would go with the powermax personally. More color options and a little longer on the ATA. The only true benefit is the mission looks like it has a let off at 80% vs the hoyt at 75%. Shoot both and see how you like them.

3. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Please shoot them both repetitively. Opinions vary on which brand is better than another. The best thing to do is go shoot them both, side by side if you can. Both must be setup to fit you for an accurate test run. One will certainly feel better to you. Whether its the draw cycle, valley of the shot on will definitely stand out. Good luck and keep us posted.

4. BrassMonkey911

BrassMonkey911 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Shoot them both. I shot 5 different bows. I knew right off the bat the Powermax was the one. I think it was the smoothest one and least aggressive in the hand. I shot a couple PSE's and Bears. To make sure, I went back to my shop a few times and mixed up what bow I shot first and last. In the end I was totally confident in the Powermax. Since My shoulder injury surgery, I have it set now to 54lbs draw. with a draw length of 28", my arrow speed is 239 with 41 lbs of KE @ 60 yrds with my Bloodlines. One of the biggest things that sold me too was Hoyt's literature on their riser designed to withstand 1500 dry fires.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  5. Bow Diddley

Bow Diddley Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Never had the opportunity to shoot a Mission. I loved my Hoyt AlphaMax, though, and I couldn't be happier with my upgrade to the Pro Defiant. I love me some Hoyt.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums