First Bow ever...

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by Moxon Bingaman, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Moxon Bingaman

Moxon Bingaman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So I bought a Bowtech Constitution and it's my first bow ever. I picked it because it was a 40 in. bow. I really don't know much about compound bows but I know it's 70lb draw weight and 30 in draw length. I figured I could have it adjusted if I can't handle it. So next is the question of arrows. I just barely understand the concepts of spines and weights with arrows. It's analagous with bullet calibers to a degree so it's not too far out of my wheel house. What I definitely do not understand is the diameter of the arrow I should be shooting and the differences between lower grain and higher grain tips. I'm assuming that's what the grain is referring to and not the total weight of the arrow. My questions to all my new bow hunting master operators are, what arrows should I buy, and is there enough of a difference between practice arrows and field arrows that I should just stick with field arrows for more consistent practice. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read. I'm looking forward to reading through the forum to learn from you all.

2. Moxon Bingaman

Moxon Bingaman Newb

Dislikes Received: