Finnaly some fish

Discussion in 'Bowfishing' started by bloodcrick, Aug 13, 2009.

1. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    After buying my AMS reel a while back the fish jut dissapered. All the water had receded and i just couldnt find them. Well today I was on the quad on our new lease looking the place over, posting signs, scouting and putting out a game cam. I ended up around what gives you the impression of a hugh lake on it, but in reality its just a hugh slough about thre feet deep that is just full or rough fish. Hugh pond grinnel are always jumping in the air. I noticed alot of Carp and grinnel around the banks so i went home and grabbed the new rig. wouldnt you know it, by the time i got back the wind had picked up making the water choppy and difficult to see into :mad: I still managed three Carp. two more pulled off and one was HUGH around three feet long, man talk about a fight on my hands, this dude peeled alot of line. The bad part was that it was the long shot of the day, around 15 yards, and my bow is only 45 lbs. I dont think it went through the other side at that distance . But any, i had a blast....note the new boonie hat Dubbya gave me, because i told him he looked like a Dork in his :D So do I!! Honestly Dubya, i love it, it keeps the sun out of the face. ;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jim_IV

Jim_IV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good shootin Crick! Next thing ya know you'll have a boat, lights, generator, etc:D

3. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet!

1) do you have polarized glasses?

2) that fish in the first picture is a smallmouth buffalo. ;)

3) you need a sleeveless shirt. (it's standard bowfishing attire, plus you get to show off the guns) :D

4. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Jim IV....Yeah that scares the hell out of me $$$$ :D I am thinking of selling my 12 ft John and my 8 ft John and buy a two man bass boat. something i can stand up in :)

Christine...I forgot my da gone sunglasses, But they are not the polorized ones. Ill have to get some. I thought the first fish looked different :confused: now I know. As for the shirt :D Half my roab ward is sleeveless, It was a rare moment that i was not wearing one..maby next time :D

5. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Roab ward?

ROTFLMFAO.... Too many adult beverages or too hard to type with those meat hooks of yours? :p :p

6. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Ha Ha Ha, OK, that got to me to :D My god did I screw that up or what :D Confession....it was the meat hooks!! :eek:

7. ISiman/OH

ISiman/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great fish!