Finnaly landed a Grassie (I think)

Discussion in 'Bowfishing' started by bloodcrick, May 19, 2010.

1. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    I think its a Grassie but need conformation! If it is please give me a Hell yeah :D I didnt even need to use the Cannon Grapple gun Christine had posted in an earlier thread :D I took the advise of the fine people on this forum and got rid of the prong point in favor of a grapple style point and after 3 pull off's from Grasies last season, I finally landed one :woot:It was tough fishing today, very over cast and ripply water made for tough seeing. I did miss another I believe Grassie :rant: This is not the biggest I have had on but the first I landed. Going from feel i guessed 25-28 lbs!!
    [​IMG]
    This is a pic from the other evening of my son Dalton. He landed his first 2 Gar ever, this one before Dark and a small one after Dark.
    [​IMG]

2. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep that's a grassy! Congrats! Nice spotted gar too. Congrats to Dalton. Ours are rarely spotted like that.

3. Jim_IV

Jim_IV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good stuff there Cick!

And congrats to Dalton

4. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks :tu: I got out on the lake last night around 11:00 ish by myself with a light rigged up to my recurve. Man talk about not easy!! I ended up with my first two Grinnel and first ever Gar :rock: The Grinnel were nice sized to. Now the heart breaker :sad: I spied a VERY LARGE GRASSIE, It was a 10 yard shot and it was about 2' down, I drew and shot and the fight was on. It was pulling my 2 man bass boat around and fighting hard THEN, It pulled off :sad:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  5. Jim_IV

Jim_IV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good stuff. What kind of recurve is that?

6. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Crik, where do you shoot these Grassies?

7. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mark my words I will find a way to get on a big grassie at Kentucky Lake this summer. Number one fish on my hit list locally this year.

Pulled my boat out of winter storage yesterday, cleaning it off then charging it up. Should be a GREAT year ahead. After dropping nearly $500 for my bowfishing supplies order for the year this week, it BETTER be. lmao

8. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Jim thats a Bear Grizzly 45# 53" that I have had since I was a teen. My Dad hung on to it all these years, thank God he did or I would have lost it in a house fire in 05. I also have my first recurve and Indian Savage 45#

Caleb, I think your asking where at (location?) It at the newest lease thats get flooded from the river and a couple sloughs when they go out of there banks. If your asking where I shoot the fish I usually just aim for center body but im thinking it may be better toward the gill plate since they are a soft fish.

Trevor, good luck on the Grassies, I have Asain carp on my list, so far cant find em, and my boat is not big enough for the river where I know there at :rant:

Christine,,,wheres my Hell yeah? :moose: