Finally had my chance.. AND BLEW IT

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by alfarah50, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Onetrakryder

Onetrakryder Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lost in the discussion about the sight miscue is the comment "ducked behind a stump". So cool to get that encounter on the ground. That you had the chance to make the mistake is pretty sweet to me! Hope you got another crack at him.

2. Imtodd4791

Imtodd4791 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I did the same but hit the buck I was after all fall in the shoulder. Arrow went in 2 inches as I watched him run off and see the arrow fall out. Next day he was fighting with another buck 150 yards downwind of me. Couldn't do anything with that. After 3 days of grunting....nothing, then gun season opened. Tried to keep a camera out there to see if he made it, but someone stole it. Possible the buck survived, but it was on public land.Would have been my biggest buck to date. Oh well, took a basket 7 pointer last week on the ground at 10 yards. Near ran me over! Already gearing up for fall 2017! Good luck!

3. Uncle Bucky

Uncle Bucky Newb

Dislikes Received:
    dang... I've made those errors... twice I've shot at coyotes using my 35 yard pin and they are no more then 20 yards away ???? WHAT ??? LOL... just rush and things happen fast....

Hope you get another chance at him ! Good luck

4. TheNatureBoy

TheNatureBoy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ouch.

A tip I used last year when I switch to single pin: don't shoot the same yardage over and over. Shoot each arrow at a different yardage. Then it becomes second nature to check it before each shot.