Finally got my bow out

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Woody9220, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Woody9220

Woody9220 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shot for the first time since the season ended today and it wasnt pretty. I guess it really wasnt that bad just shooting a little high. I dont know if my form went to sh!t in two months or if its got anything to do with getting new strings. It may even be both I dont know. Do you guys typically have to do a full retune when getting new strings? Or do you have any issues after taking a short time off? This will only be my second season so any help moving forward would be appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

2. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well not shooting in months and getting new strings is essentially starting from scratch.
    Yes, you will need to fully retune after new strings, or at least check. Make sure everything is in it's correct place.

Also, not shooting in months will make you very rusty. The muscles will not be fully trained like they were when you were shooting a lot.

Why such a long break?

3. Woody9220

Woody9220 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't really want to take that long of a break but I was working a ton of hours and being an accountant I do peoples taxes in my free time for extra cash. This weekend was the first time I've been able to do much of anything.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2