Fence is done...

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by oldnotdead, Oct 1, 2019.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well for this year. Good fence good nieghbors I hate having to do this. Though after talking to neighbor on the other side of him, glad I did. They have little ones and this past gun season started gun hunting right near their back yard. illegal. So the wife talked to him when he wasn't hunting and he told her he was going to get his gun! That was about the time he set up on our line.. View is from the tree my stand is in. His is 2 1/2 yards on his side of fence directly in front of my stand. Next year more fencing goes up. This will keep deer I may shoot from jumping over onto him in a death run. They will not jump what they can not see over. Usually mature deer will avoid such fencing steering them more to the middle of our place especially seeing we border the farm field. His Dad owned this for years, none of us had a problem. He passed and it took just one season for his kids to ----- themselves,sad. IMG_20191001_090103_hdr.jpg IMG_20191001_085937_hdr.jpg

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    arrowflinger1 likes this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yep good move.

3. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    How high is that fence?

4. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    It's 48" high fence that is 4" off the ground, so 52 inches. The blk clothe which has a 25 yr ground contact warranty keeps the deer from seeing the other side.

5. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would got NUTS looking at that on my property!
    I understand the delema but dang!

6. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Husband thought the same thing, until he went out to see it. He admitted it isn't as offensive as he thought. The fence it's self you can barely see. The blk barrier I attached can easily be removed once I finish the rest of fencing and patterns change with land management.
    Now these guys know the last trespassing twits that owned their place were warned stop or I'll buy all the land around you. Well I did on 3 sides. I'm sure they figured What can she do now? I want them to CLEARLY see what I can do. If one makes a point they should be sure it is a sharp point that sticks well.
    PS
    With management I can plant wild life bushes along the fence line to avoid jumping

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019