feeder trough

Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by kjstaudt86, Jun 30, 2017.

1. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have any of you ever built a trough to feed the deer? Looking for a cheap economically way of feeding my deer the protein they need. Right now I have a muddy 200lb gravity feeder that is just getting destroyed within about a week and a half time frame. I need to find a way to get more feed to them without having to always go up there. Looking at building a trough and was wanting to see what works best for you guys? Feel free to post your pics of your feeding sites/homemade troughs.

2. Planopurist

Planopurist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How often do you want to fill the trough? They're eating 130 lbs a week. Can't you just extrapolate that out to how frequently you want to reapply them? You may need more stations.

I built a pvc gravity feeder to test, but the wild hogs knocked it down. It only held about 25 lbs though.

I have a buddy that builds feed troughs. I'll see if he can shoot me a pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I have my feeder fenced in now due to hogs. Like I said 200 lb feeder is empty in about a wk and a half. If I had another big station or two in my pen I could go maybe about once a month?

4. adkhunter1590

adkhunter1590 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Either bigger feeder, or more of them. Doesn't boss buck make like a 600 pound feeder? This should be a easy fix for ya.

5. Planopurist

Planopurist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'd opt for one 600#. Fewer spouts would slow them down some and be a one stop refill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags: