Favorite post season camera locations

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by mhouck06, Jan 10, 2019.

1. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Where do you guys like to put your cameras after season. Typically here in PA I pull my cameras after archery so they are not in the woods for rifle season and late season. I used to run a couple after late season and then pull them again for turkey season but I never gained what I considered valuable info. It was nice to know if certain bucks made it through but I have always been able to figure that out pretty quickly once summer rolls around.

I have some free time this year and figured I would hang some cameras for the heck of it. What is your go to late season camera location? I used to have luck on some scrapes that were heavily used that season. I never had much luck on food sources but I also do not have much access to standing crops.. etc.

2. BH Bowhunter

BH Bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt big woods so I'm always scouting for new areas. I like to move my cams around a lot post season, especially when I find beds and well used trails in the snow.

3. pastorbigdan

pastorbigdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I move mine to food. I'm in NW PA where the snow can get deep so food is a premium. Most of the bucks are trying to put weight back on to make it thru winter. I also look for well used trails in the snow as most deer are trying to survive.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

4. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Over food. Mine are on feed stations, standing, beans/corn.