Favorite ladder stand

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by atlasman, Apr 25, 2021.

1. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As the years go by and me being the youngest of the bunch we are naturally finding ourselves gravitating towards the safety, comfort and ease of ladder stands.

We have a BUNCH of outpost xl stands from field and stream which are excellent for $150 but I’m always looking for something new or different and we will be tossing up a couple stands soon.

What’s your fav and why???

2. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't currently own any ladder stands but if I were to consider one, it would be the x-stand. There are several models but they all go on to the tree the same way. They have these jaws that grab onto the tree before you climb up and attach anything. This enables you to safely set them up by yourself.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I bow hunted out of a Cee Bee ladder stand for the past five years on private land. I first learned about them on an outfitted hunt and had to have one for myself.

No ratchet straps; a chain attached to the seat platform wraps around the tree and a lever holds it firmly in place. The construction doesn't require a stabilizing bar. You can put up a Cee Bee ladder stand or take one down in no time at all. There are many testimonies of them lasting for decades in the woods.

It does have a waffle-iron seat but I stand 90% of the time when bow hunting. I attached a nice thick pad with velcro straps for that 10% of a hunt when I need to rest.

Manufactured in North Augusta; shipping is probably pricey but if you want ease of use and a long-lasting, sturdy product, you'll be hard-pressed to find a better ladder stand.

Okiebob likes this.
  4. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Favorite ladder stand? Whatever is 18ft. tall and on sale. I do a couple of modifications once I purchase them like the aforementioned chain instead of a ratchet strap and a nice cushion. What can I say, I'm kinda cheap..

oldnotdead likes this.
  5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I have very limited experience hunting out of ladder stands. However, I have been in a few Millenium ladders and they are awfully dang comfortable.

I picked up a Hawk double ladder stand to hunt out of with my son, and I have been very happy with that as well. Big platform and seat, and it's held up great to 2 full seasons now. I would definitely buy another if I was in the market.

6. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've always gone with the cheap no frills sportsman guide stands. The inexpensive ones. I've purchased an expensive double rail 21ft one for hubby. 21 ft so he can remove one section and still be at a decent height. They all hunt low built stands. He's never hunted out of a ladder stand. The fools at camp, yes I said fools, won't wear harnesses. Too dumb to realize how bad even a short fall can be.

7. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have about 20 ladderstands and I can't name the brand on a single one.
    I just buy them off Craigslist.

8. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The old Big Game Treestands ladder stands.

oldnotdead likes this.
  9. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  10. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  11. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Millenium ladder stands are the best to me. By far the most comfortable. Very well built and they last a long time. Millenium L105 is a great option.