Favorite Hunting Boots?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by jagend, Feb 14, 2018.

?

What's your favorite brand of hunting boots?

1. Danner

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Irish Setter

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  3. Muck

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  4. Lacrosse

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Rocky

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Under Armour

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. Hunter's Gear Guide

Hunter's Gear Guide Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm from over west, so lots of hoofing it up and down in the mountains. I bought a pair of Zamberlan Lynx hunting boots for a gear review, which have ended up being my favorite pair of boots so far. They're dang comfortable and pretty tough, as well as pretty light for a leather boot.

They're not insulated... so when I get into hardcore duck hunting later in the year, I'm a big fan of Mucks.

2. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting thread as we all like comfortable boots, whether walking or sitting while waiting for the Bull Of The Woods. My son got into Danner boots years ago. Even wears them to work as he spends a lot of time in the plant which is concrete floors. He was given a piece of advice when he bought his first pair several years ago. The clerk showed him several brands. He added that boots with molded soles cannot be resoled like those with stitched soles. I mentioned this to the shoe repair guy here in town. He agreed with the clerk. He has guys with very expensive boots with molded soles come in and ask if he can fix them. He says he can't as they are molded at the factory.