Farm guys I need help...

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by oldnotdead, Jul 7, 2022.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have a call into some professionals at a seed company ,but in case to don't reach back can any of you help?
    I have Googled this every which way possible without a clear answer. I mixed cow peas a legume in with my soybeans. I have 2-4DB200 which is clearly safe for soybeans, peanuts, alfalfa,clover, trefoil. So will it be safe for the cow peas?

2. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    So seedway was nice enough to call back. Thinking no but not sure they do not deal in cow peas north of rt. 80. I said they should it's a great shade plot in the north. Then directed him to my posts from last year. . Any how I 've decided to give a small area a spray to see if it will work. The worst that will happen is the cow peas in the soybeans die and I over seed with the rape. This way I will know for sure. SO need to go spray a clover plot with it any ways so might as well do a small tank now. They clean up the tank and spray down for the bean plot around the fruit trees and the end of lane way. I CAN Also clean the tank then do a whole field,beans, Cleth. spray for grasses. Thinking due to corn getting hammered and I have a 50# bag of soybeans I found. I'll due a couple of bean /rae strips through out the corn. Sorghum takes longer to establish for some reason, so it's not making a big showing yet. . Funny it's such a small seed.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
  3. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Well don't I feel stupid, hhhhmmmm no more than normal..lol
    Why I make these posts, went to my shade bean plot post from last year and read through it.
    Well Sun of a gun there was my answer! They bent over a bit a tad wilted then recovered, no ****e. No this is only my usual case of "sometimers ". In that some times I remember and sometimes I don't ,so write it down dummy.
    I will go by what I read but with caution. I'll spray a bigger area in the "wet zone" where I could lose the plot from a fall heavy rain anyways. If it goes down the Ill just have thin soybeans to over seed in rye.
    This reread of last year's post just saved me money and time. You can not plant any brassica where 2-4DB200 has been sprayed for 5 years this will be rye or clovers in fall only. Which is good until I get the hay field weed bank under control again.
    Thanks anyways guys