Fall Plots started

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by rknierim, Jul 18, 2013.

1. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got one plot done this morning. Trying some 'Winter Pz' this year. We have two more plots to do Sunday after church. I really hate to say it after the weather we've had so far this year, but I hope we get a little rain next week LOL. Anybody else ever try the 'Winter Pz' mix? I put some turnips in small sections and will do the same with the other two, also. I had some left-over cabbage seeds from garden so I threw some of those out too. Anybody know if deer like cabbage?

2. Hoyt_Archer

Hoyt_Archer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes for the most part... Kale and Rape are in the cabbage family..Alot depends on your surrounding Agriculture.If there is an abundance of standing corn and beans i have found then they dont hit it as hard until the land has been cleared of it. It also needs a good frost to sweeten it to a deers liking for the most part.At least where i am it does.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  3. PSEREVENGEMAN

PSEREVENGEMAN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Cabbage is the only crop written into my ag lease the farmers can't plant. Hoyt is right, deer will walk over it for beans/corn. Heck I pass over cabbage on my plate also.