Fall Legends Team 4 Official Thread

Discussion in '2017 Deer Contest' started by cls74, Aug 14, 2017.

1. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Heard tonight that most if not all of the beans are out and corn has been hit hard around where I hunt.

Didn't get a majority of the rain forecast thus far so hopefully all crops will be out by my vacation.

Gonna try to get out a time or two before Halloween, but no promises.

bowhuntingbebout and Born2Hunt like this.
  2. bowhuntingbebout

bowhuntingbebout Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got rain in the forecast here this weekend. It's supposed to move in Saturday evening, so I will probably go hang another stand. I'll probably put in a nice little plot for later in the season too. Leaving next Wednesday morning to go hunting with some friends for a few days. I may take my bow with me too, just in case it's in bow range.

Sent from my N9518 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Born2Hunt likes this.
  3. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm heading out this weekend. I get to hunt Saturday and Monday. Going after sika in the morning and whitetails in the evening. This was last year's sika stag.[​IMG]

Sent from my XT1254 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Aaron Jones and JGD like this.
  4. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Very nice. Are sika on a game ranch?

5. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've often commented on my confidence in hunting a full moon during midday. I figured it was a long shot because it was 90 degrees today but decided to give it a try just to test my theory that they will still move midday in the heat. I really have had lots of action on full moon days but I don't typically hunt in this kind of heat. I made the 100 mile drive and got there at 9:00 am. I was in my stand by 9:45 and the wind switched exactly the opposite of what was predicted and opposite what I needed in this stand about 10:00 am. I felt like a knucklehead sitting in midday in that heat...when a deer started to walk in and winded me because of the shift in wind direction. I didn't see the deer, just heard it blow several times no more that 75 yards away. This was about 10:10 am. At 12:10 a hog trotted by at about 65 yards. I stuck it out until almost 2 pm. Deer movement at midday on a full moon. I'm still a believer!

6. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    And in early October! Impressive!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

7. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

8. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  9. bowhuntingbebout

bowhuntingbebout Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Always love it when a new mature buck shows up. Moon has them moving at night, but at least it's on the property I hunt. Got another stand hung on another ridge where they like to check for does when the time comes.

He's got a messed up side, but he will get an arrow if he presents a shot. Something about crazy racks...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then you see how symmetrical this guy is...

[​IMG]

That clean 10 is my first choice if they show up together again while I'm there.

Sent from my N9518 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

JGD likes this.
  10. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Upper left is this year pic...far right and the shed is from last year...same deer just need a name for this guy now![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

JGD likes this.
  11. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Since Sunday is a non-hunting day here in Pa, I'll check my cams that have been sitting for 2 weeks. I'll share anything worth mentioning later on. :tu:

Born2Hunt likes this.
  12. dmax4me

dmax4me Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Mr. G2's Definitely a shooter.

Born2Hunt likes this.
  13. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No, they are a non-native species of deer on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Free roaming animal that are distant cousins to elk. Really cool deer species.

Sent from my XT1254 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Born2Hunt likes this.
  14. dmax4me

dmax4me Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well we finally got some much needed rain thanks to Nate. Hopefully the food plots aren't too far gone due to the lack of rain. I am going back to Ohio this weekend. I'm not looking forward to the forecast. Calling for 80 degrees on Saturday and 78 on Sunday.

15. fishsoft92

fishsoft92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got out this past weekend. My dad took one of my cousins and my uncle took his son for youth firearm season, I was basically there for an extra pair of eyes if we had to track something. The sun isn't up for more than 20 minutes and one of them gets something. I get down to help them out and we get a text that the other one got one, as well. So, we have 2 bucks down this year, neither from me, and my family is heading out to Florida for a family vacation Thursday. I'll be hitting it hard when we get back.

JGD and bowhuntingbebout like this.
  16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We need a cold snap here to get the leaves really falling. Been dry as heck lately so a lot of ground started going dormant and some of the leaves had started turning colors as a result. Have had just ovee 4" of rain this month and knocking the leaves down a little. Just need that freeze to kill the leaves and they should start falling like, well, leaves :lol:

18 days, maybe 13, I will be back in the stand, 23 days I will be on rutcation and sitting dark to dark.

I will be relentless until tags are filled or my vacation is over. I like my chances of filling both contest entries.

Good luck guys, November is close enough to taste.

JGD, bowhuntingbebout and kern06 like this.
  17. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looking like tomorrow will be my first night in a tree. Planning on an evening hang n hunt then leaving it overnight and hunting it in the AM again. Going to try to drop a doe or two.

I'm off to South Dakota a week from Friday. I'll be out there for a week. Then I come home, work two night shifts, then my rutcation runs from the 30th to the 11th.

Good luck team. It's going to get real very quickly :bow:

cls74 and bowhuntingbebout like this.
  18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't heard from @jjnowak or @wi p&y in a little bit, hopefully still up and at it. Tagged them for an update.

Really itching to get back out there, temps are just totally against me on my time off, yet pretty good while I am imprisoned at work.

Hitting Six Flags Saturday so Sunday is only available day this week. Low of 62 overnight and I'm sure gnats and mosquitos will be awake before I am(might get out there id temps change some). The next weekend I may work all weekend for a 12 day week, taking the 28th and 29th off to hunt and returning to work for 4 days before my vacartion starts.

Haven't worked a weekend in November in 10 years and don't plan on that changing this year. Only working 13 days in November.

JGD likes this.
  19. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I took yesterday off as we had a front come through and I thought the deer might move. It was 96 on Monday and only 66 yesterday. Barometer was at 30.1 so I was really counting on some movement but didn't see a thing. Should have some decent deer based on my pics after the season in January. Just need to find them.

Hammer1171 likes this.
  20. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, I'm familiar with them but didn't know they were free ranging anywhere. Cool.