Fair chase birthday

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Fix, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

There is a lot of truth to this. I'm in Ontario Canada. And the province of Ontario is massive. It's about 24 hours of driving from top to bottom. The bottom 5 hours is heavily populated but still has plenty of agriculture. But no gun season more due to safety. But it produces most of the book deer. The rest of Ontario is heavily wooded rural areas. But have a 2 week rifle season right in the rut. Now way up north, it isn't really effected as it's so far away from city folk. And the hunting pressure is so low. Most people up there are guides taking Americans. So tons of monster deer. But that 4-5 hour radius in the middle, just north of the city. Nothing but forkers, young 6 points etc. Because that's where every city boy who doesn't have any agriculture permission goes up to public land. During the rut for two weeks and If it's Brown it's down.

boonerville and Fix like this.
  2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You need to stop posting chago...everytime you post I have a NEED to look at your profile pic and that beast. Then I go look at "my" hit list for this year. I end up shaking my head and saying low....not even on my best day.
    I know I have said it before but GD man that thing is a once in a lifetime and more monster.

Chago likes this.
  3. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly. Unless you live in areas where deer like this roam all over the place... Cough cough high fence boys. This was a blessing and a curse lol. Blessing of course because I get to enjoy that moment for the rest of my life. But up here in big woods Canada. Although those exist, your really aiming for that 125" deer lol. And now I look at those 125" like... Meh lol. That deer has ruined me.

Fix likes this.
  4. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the clarification. I'll be watching the numbers as you suggest. I don't buy your theory, but it has logic to it...

boonerville likes this.
  5. gri22ly

gri22ly Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    These comparisons of South Eastern states to Michigan are in no shape or form equal, or even similar for that matter. With drastic differences in genetics, climate, habitat, terrain, season dates/length, hunting methods and hunter mentality.

An equal across the board comparison would be Wisconsin to Michigan...see how those numbers pan out. The only major difference is hunter mentality. The majority of one group holds out for what they dem a shooter (130+ in most cases)...while the majority of the other group shoots the first yearling buck that walks by.

6. Kody Nehl

Kody Nehl Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Fix likes this.