Eyes Wide Open

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by AAA, Sep 5, 2015.

1. AAA

AAA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've always shot with just one eye open. After reading a little bit on some older threads about shooting with 1 eye opened as opposed to both i decided while practicing this afternoon to try with both eyes open. 30 yards 1st shot smoked the center dot, second shot center top left dot, 3rd shot center top right dot. I'm hooked. For right now i really have to focus and force my off eye open however there is just something about it, i could feel the boost in confidence right off. From now on i'll be shooting with both eyes open. What are your thoughts, what works for you?

AAA

2. Jeffrey Jones

Jeffrey Jones Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the club an yes it is definitely an eye opener lol and gives the shooter a wider view to the target just keep practicing man it will soon just become one of those things you just do without thinking and yes ever since I started shooting with both eyes open I been tons better down range. Good luck with it!!!

3. mgwelder

mgwelder Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have tried but I am right handed but left eye dominant.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Two eyes open gives your brain depth information so that you can make miniscule changes to the pin position while aiming. You probably don't even realize that you are doing it.

5. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Both eyes open is the proper way to shoot, unless you have dominance problems; then you should cover one somehow not close, Like Jeff said it gives better field of view and depth info. Also after the shot if you have one eye closed it is usually fuzzy when trying to pick up where you hit and where the deer went. Thats why when you get an eye exam they have you cover one instead of just close it.