Exercise & Fitness Thread

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by rybo, Aug 3, 2010.

1. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I laughed!

2. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My weight usually stays within 5 to 7 pounds. I've never had problems losing it before when I wanted to, It's normal for me to run 30 minutes a day, I would just add the 30 minute elliptical routine and the weight would come off. I never hardly even had to watch what I ate since I exercised so much.

This time around, I'm actually watching my calories and I purposely go to bed at 9 PM every night to avoid the late night snacking and beers.

Maybe I need to go back to drinking beer and eating Doritos at 10:30 every night..:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Been trying to get my strength back, especially in my legs. Short term goal is to do 100 lunges in a row. Worked up to 60 yesterday and my legs were on fire.

4. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm down 10 pounds in the last month...a mix of cardio and light weights. I usually jog 2-3 miles and then do a bunch of dumbell exercises with weights up to 50 lbs, that's all I need to get a good sweat.

The biggest key for me losing is my diet. I eat like a horse, and I love craft beer. So when I cut out the beer and eat healthy instead of garbage, pounds seem to fall off.

My favorite trainer when I was playing college basketball always told me, "you'll never train hard enough to beat a bad diet." Those words stuck with me and I find them to be true.

5. Lovehunt11

Lovehunt11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Most of you want to loose weight, I want to gain weight and muscle. I gained about 15 pound from last year I want to gain 10 more pound to meet my goal. I was increased my draw weight from 50 pound to 55 pounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It sucks that I got my new bike to get in shape but because of the early spring and snow melt I am working too late to ride to get in shape. Once daylight savings time starts I will get an hour more in the morning to work out before work.

7. Woods

Woods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm losing about 3-6 lbs a month. Treadmill 3-4 times a week for 1 hr, mix of speed walk and jog/running. Eating healthier. Was 207 a ways back now about 190. Looking to lose 40 more. I've read 4 small meals is better than 3 bigger ones. Also want to point out that it's recommended to only lose 4-8 lbs a month if you're concerned about baggy skin after the weight lose.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  8. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    After doing some lifting the last 2 days and running/walking a combined hour my body is so sore. I guess I didn't realize how out of shape I am!

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There is no exercise in the world that can prepare you to pull fire hose thru hummocks, I relearn that every spring.

10. happyhunter

happyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My quads and glutes still sore from Monday night. Abs and chest tonight. I'll really be sore tomorrow!!

11. happyhunter

happyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Workout #2 tonight. Chest and arms. Good lord, I have no stamina. Started strong, but by the end of the third set, I was done. My arms are noodles! Gonna take a few weeks to build up that stamina.

12. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    I have this same thought every single night haha.

13. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I talked to a friend who was a nutritionist in her former life. She immediately told me the problem is that I don't spread my food around the day enough. Since I eat a big supper at 6:30ish, then only eat a 100 calorie breakfast and then nothing else until lunch - she thinks my metabolism is slowing down because I'm teaching it that after I eat supper, it that it won't get any significant caloric intake for another 18 hours or so.

Ironically it was the late night snacking previously that stopped this from happening in the past. Now I have to move some of my supper calories (ordinarily about 1000) to breakfast and she says that should help.

14. RCW3D

RCW3D Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How do you stand being on a "gerbilizer" for an hour? I used to own one, the longest I ever ran on it was 8 miles but I hated every minute. I need to run outside to see different things...not to mention, I run faster when I'm outside.

I did my second run last night, stretched it further than my first run on Monday. My running goal is to get back to running 5Ks without stopping. Before I broke my leg, my runs during the week were 5 -6 miles, weekend was my long run of 10 - 13 miles. I have no desire to get back to that...but 3+ miles 3 times a week I'll be happy with I say this now but I wouldn't be surprised if I got the bug again to run a half marathon.

15. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Been eating low carb during the week, lifting moderate 2x a week and playing basketball at least once per week. Im staying in the 185-190 range right now, basically jus trying to maintain and get some definition.

16. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Spring is starting to show around here. Roads are still covered with lots of salt and sand so it's kind of questionable to get one of my bicycles out but it was so warm the last two days so I rode 15 and 20 miles. Hoping to make enough time to get in a lot of riding this summer and put on at least 4000 miles. That, combined with climbing ladders all day long at work and being gluten free, I'm able to weigh what I did when I got married.

Gets harder to keep the weight off as you get older!!!!!!!

17. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Short term goal met. Did 100 lunges in a row today. Started at 40, six weeks ago.

18. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What's a hummock?

19. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Wisconsin Buckwatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I really enjoy running the trails here in Wisconsin. My dog Charlie is my running partner. I'm also doing the Chicago tough mudder in May anyone else doing it? I usually run the Glacial 50k every fall. Other then that chasing my 2 boys around. Anyone on Strava on here?

20. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    I really wish I could run longer distances at high intensity. Never been a good long distance runner.

I've been doing some form of HIIT every morning but I get tired real fast. Would love if I could do HIIT for 30 minutes straight - Lungs just cant take it (have never smoked or anything).