Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Exercise & Fitness Thread

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by rybo, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Double Creek

Double Creek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    lol, you two are something esle

2. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with that, and would also add, where those calories are coming from. You can really reduce the number of calories you intake if they are coming from the right foods.

I know you already know this Hook, just stating it for those that don't.

3. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    With the recommendation of Greg/Mo I started using myfitnesspal to keep track of caloric intake. It was an eye opener to all the little things that add up. After a few months I've gotten a much better feel for how much I'm taking in.

Just from prior experience lifting weights makes me MUCH more hungry than running does. even when I go real far.

4. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I see a lot of people focusing on the number of calories burned while exercising, does anyone pay attention to calories burned while NOT exercising? Especially those trying to lose weight. Anyone focus their workouts or eating habits so they burn more calories while sitting, sleeping, etc?

5. rednas5

rednas5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm curious on what supplements everybody is taking. Proteins, creatines, multi-vitamins, fish oil, etc? Granted, many of you are doing far more cardio workouts than I do. I ran X-country for years and never took any supplements so this might not apply to most of you. My workouts are more geared to being "jacked" for lack of a better word. I currently take Centrum Performance mult-mineral daily, Jack3d(pre-workout CNS/ATP Augmentor, EAS Whey Protein (twice daily) and 3 fish oil pills daily.

6. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Currently I take 3 whey protein shakes throughout the day, 1 casein protein shake at night, CLA and glucosamine.

I will be adding USP Labs Jack3d in the future.

7. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think I burned off a bunch of calories reading this thread. I'm going to fry up a fritter for myself as a reward. :D

8. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just take a daily multi-vitamin

My morning meals are carb based, while my evening meals are more protein based meals, so I've never really got into protein shakes.

9. rednas5

Dislikes Received:
    What creatine do you currently take now?

10. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I am not taking any creatine right now.

11. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LOL, Raceway.....

I never called you a fat ass. I was pointing out the childishness of your recent signature addition....and pm'd you that "I could" post somethign like that.....if I wanted to ALSO be childish.

But....I don't.

BTW....you're welcome to post what I sent you. Otherwise, you're just a liar.

12. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I will gladly forward it to anyone who wants to see it. I will not waste the rest of the forums time with our distaste for each other and more that we have;)

13. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I thought.;)

I share my opinion (of disgust) about an nfl player.......and about 1/2 doz. of you make it personal, about ME. Let's call a spade a spade. And, I never called you anything.

Now, let this thread get back to its' intended use. Just got off the treadmill. 3.5mi. in 30min. How many calories is that......lol.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  14. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I like to exercise, everyone should try it.

[​IMG]

15. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    As stated, I will gladly forward it to anyone who cares. The rest do not need to see your whining messages to me, telling me to remove my signature or get reported;)

16. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Did another 3.5 miles yesterday...hair under 7:50 min/mile pace. Not really what I'm happy with, but it was comfortable.

17. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What are you doing in this thread, Raceway? Reminds me of something I heard on Glen Beck one day. He was at a Circ De Sole show with his family, and James Gandolfini was there. Beck was standing there holding his kid, and Gandilfini says "What's Satan doing at a clown show"?

[​IMG]

MGH...that's awesome. I'd LOVE to be doing 5K's in 25min..

18. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    That picture is a little old Jeff. I got back into the gym about a month and a half before the GTG this year. I would post a newer pic but you might want disappear into your bathroom and do things that would disgust most of us;)

19. michaelp

michaelp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

I currently only take whey before bed...if I run or workout that night. If I workout in the AM I eat something like a turkey bacon and egg sandwhich on wheat. Just pop the egg in the microwave, bust up the yoke with a toothpick and wala...fried egg without the oil so to speak...thanks ABS DIET

I have a friend who is just shredded and he gave me an article awhile backing talking about "if you are good at taking suppliments...stop. The thought was instead of taking a fish oil, eat the fish...eat the foods that should give you those vitamins etc...There were some amino acids that could only be broken down through the real thing, not the suppliment.

20. rednas5

Dislikes Received:
    Of course there is truth to this. The problem with eating a diet high in fish protein is the mercury that your body can absorb. Many lean fish products are fairly expensive but I can buy 1000 pills of fish oil for 20-25 bucks and get the Omega 3's for my vascular health. You can say the same thing about creatine. Creatine is naturally found in red meat but there is also many health risks associated with eating red meat everyday. Also, I will never take whey protein before bed. I'm a firm believer that your body absorbs the most protein right after you wake up in the morning and directly after a workout. Your body is fasting all night, hence the name break-fast, and absorbs that protein and kick starts your metabolism for the day.