Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Exercise & Fitness Thread

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by rybo, Aug 3, 2010.

1. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Ill be good on the workouts during the season since I do them at work before work in there gym! BUT Ill be on vacation last week of October and first two weeks of November. I think ill give myself a break from it during that time since I would have to do it at home anyway. On a good note I reached a goal the other day. I wanted 405 on the dead lift and was doing 315 for 8 reps. I decided to try it and nailed it :rock: My bench is slowly comming up to but not where I want it to be. Im getting 225 for 5 reps on my 4th set and tried 245 on another day and got it fairly easy but still havent tried max yet. I think I should be around 265-270 on a good day MABY! The ole shoulders are really comming along as well as the arms lately. keep at it guys in what your doing!

2. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just signed up for the Little Rock Marathon in March. It will be my first marathon in 3 years. I'm pumped.

Hopefully this PF crap won't flair up again. I'm back to running again, and it hasn't really bothered me...yet.

3. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good to hear Hooker! Hope you are clear of the PF.

I'm signed up for Pittsburgh again in May.

4. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Exercise! Who needs Exercise!

5. bobby.bruno19

bobby.bruno19 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I tried training for triathlon, but apparently I am not good swimmer, I have tried everything and I am unable to swim faster. I am but a fast runner and cyclist.

6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dang, I read this post for the first time in awhile and I see Hooker talking about PF (dang the pf---the hell injury). I have been dealing with PF off and on since June of this year. For some reason right now it seems to be little more than a little pain in the morning. I have been working out like crazy and running hard. I am in really good shape right now. We take out mid-term physical fitness test in two weeks. Good luck guys and keep working out hard!

7. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So now I broke my pinky toe on this morning's trail run.

I think I preferred the PF.

8. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Dang Hooker, tough break on the toe. I had my mid-way PT test at the academy today. I shaved a minute off my 1.5 mile time over the past 3 months. I ran it in 10:19 which I don't think is too bad for a 36 year old guy weighing 215 lbs. I did some other good stuff on the test and felt really good.

9. xxForceTenxx

xxForceTenxx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a slow runner, moderate swimmer and a strong rider. Doesn't stop me. Use your two best events to compensate for your third best.

10. lokarz7

lokarz7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    badger milk is all you need

11. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ran a trail half with a friend Saturday morning. It was hot, windy, and humid. Just awesome November weather. This was an extremely hilly course, so I'm happy with my time.

[​IMG]

12. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's a smokin pace for a trail race!

13. xxForceTenxx

xxForceTenxx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No kidding! Great time on the run, Hooker.

14. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bump

Am I the only person still exercising? Are all of you people just getting fat during these winter months?

Anyways, I bought a pair of Newton Distancias yesterday, and took them for an 18 mile run this morning. Love these shoes. Felt great the entire run. My feet hurt if I go longer than 12 miles in my VFFs or Minimus on hard surfaces, so I bought these since I'm in the heart of my marathon training at the moment. 2 more months.

[​IMG]

15. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Exercise is just part of my everyday life. Really nothing new to report. My feet got pretty bad, so I'm currently seeing a new doctor. There is actually some progress. For the first time in a long time, I'm optimistic that I might be pain free in the future. My feet have sucked for about 10 years, so it would be weird if they didn't hurt. I hope to someday run a 25k here in Grand Rapids. The Riverbank Run is the largest 25k in the country, and a fun one to participate in. I normally do the 5k.

So for now, since its cold outside, I get in 3 days of plyos/circuits, grind out one evening of basketball, and try to get in a spin class. My wife teaches a few days a week so I try to make at least one. Can't wait for spring though when I can get the road bike back out.

16. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got caught up in the middle of a duathalon today. Is it just me being bitter and jealous when I find these fat, out of shape guys in the back of the pack with $8k Cervelos to be absolutely ridiculous? I know they can spend their money on what they want, but I just have to laugh when I see them with $10k worth of gear, and they are getting smoked by the guy in basketball shorts on a Schwinn.

17. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hahaha...yeah it does seem like a waste of good gear. I guess if your can afford it, might as well get something good.

I got a good deal on a $1k Giant...and I am that guy in basketball shorts, no clip ins, and cheap $35 helmet. But I pedal my *** off.

18. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Upgraded some lifting equipment and added a 32" wall mount TV to the home gym.

Attached Files:

19. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Upgraded some lifting equipment and added a 32" wall mount TV to the home gym.

20. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Still working out hard. Kicked butt on my final PT test two weeks ago. I think I might have had the best PT workout out of everyone in the academy.