Ever had a chance encounter with someone famous or semi-famous?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Mod-it, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just for fun, ever had a chance encounter with someone well known?
    About 4 or 5 years ago work sent me to a conference in Nashville. The conference was being held at the Hilton downtown, so work just put us up there. The airport lost my luggage as per usual, so I went down to the main desk to see if it had arrived yet. There was another group being helped at the front desk too, but I didn't look at them to closely. After checking, I headed for the front doors to go to the rental car for a bag I'd left in the trunk. While walking to the doors I was aware that the other group was behind me and headed out too, so when I went through I stopped and held the door for them. There were 3 big dudes and one of them was pushing a 4th guy in a wheel chair. The guy in the wheel chair smiled and thanked me for holding the door. This caused me to finally look directly at him. Right after they had gone by it finally clicked that I had just held the door open for Little Richard.
    Not near as well known, but another time about 8-12 years ago I was invited to a wedding. I'd known the groom for a while but only met the bride-to-be a couple other times and barely knew her name. At the reception I'm in line for food and there is a guy in front of me that is pretty good sized and built like a brick you-know-what. We get to B.S.'ing and talk quite a bit while waiting in line. We somehow got on the subject of hunting and most talk was about that. He seemed a bit guarded at first but loosened up after a bit. Nice guy. I go sit down at my table after getting a plate and my wife immediately says "you have know idea who you were just talking to do you?". Me: "no, why?" She proceeds to tell me that it is the bride's brother...Jake Scott...an offensive lineman for the Colts at the time with a fresh Superbowl ring on his finger. Explains why he was guarded at first, but then realized I didn't know who he was and I bet probably enjoyed having a conversation with someone that wasn't about football.

2. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I met Justin and Todd once, does that count as semi famous :)

Super nice guys, hard working family men.

3. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When my wife and I got married, we went to Jamaica for honeymoon. Vanilla Ice and his wife were there in same place. He brought her for her birthday. Saw him at bar one night. And ate breakfast beside him one morning. Cool to meet somebody that I knew as a kid.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was waiting in the Medallion line at MSP on a Sunday morning. I was standing there wondering who the D-bag was that was in line in front of me. The guy was no youngster and he was wearing a flat brimmed hat and high top nikes. I was thinking who the hell is this jackass, turned out some people recognized him, it was Vanila Ice.

Last month waiting to board the plane looking at the guy in front of me I thought it was somebody. Follow the guy thru the jet way and as we wait to step on and I steal a glance at his boarding pass. I normally would not bother a celebrity but I let the 3 rows behind me get off so I could shake Curt Schillings hand.

Again on a flight heading home I was a little dismayed to be sitting in the bulkhead, front row. The door is getting ready to close and the seat next to me was empty, kinda weird. Right before the door closed a woman came in and sat next to me. She was an absolute smoke show, stunning. I did not even make much small talk, didn't even try. It was Alieca Keys.

Ridgerunner3 and Holt like this.
  5. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yup he looked the same when I saw him. He was at least 40 and was dressed like a teenager. I couldn't believe how small he looked. You see them on TV and look much bigger then they really are.

Lucky man to sit next to Alicia Keys. Did you fall asleep with your head on her shoulder! Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    A bunch of the Bears were members of our hunt club back in the year they went to the Super Bowl and lost to the Colts. They hunted a handful of times that fall so I got to meet a bunch of them. Peanut Tillman, Kyle Orton & Brian Urlacher would be the most notable of the group. Muhsin Muhammad was the leader of most of the hunts and ended up becoming good friends w/Todd. They still talk today and went elk hunting together 2 years ago. Moose is a class act and a great human being. Loved hanging out with him.

The first time I met Urlacher he shook my hand and said "Hi, I'm Brian.". I laughed and told him I knew who he was. Then I thought it must be odd for everyone to know who you are, but you have no idea who they are.

7. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Guess I'm weird and (I'm not a sack rider) but I don't recognize movie stars and artists as anything... Could not give a $hit. But I would totally enjoy meeting BHOD guys and or Hunting Public guys. They are the famous ones to me as they are doing what I wish I was.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not a sack rider, just a weird quiver sniffer.:lol:

9. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Played golf with Davis Love III several times - One of those times I played one of the best rounds of my life and it was a pretty close match - he only won by 14 strokes.

Played golf with Nick Searcy a couple times too - his son lives in town and is good friends with my dad.

wl704 likes this.
  10. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    The older I get the lower my sac rides, so I can fit more people on it. :chewy:

11. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nate Hosie from Headhunters Tv lives in the same town I do, I see him every once in a while.

12. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    T bone turner, along with his wife, and at separate occasions guys from the bone collector tech (film) crew... All at the same small Midwest airport...no idea why they were there

13. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

14. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Whispering Bill Anderson, Junior Samples, Riddle and Phelps, Stringbean. Jackie Robinson, Lee Trevino, Jim Jamieson, Levi Morgan, Joella Bates, Jim Casada, Don Kirk.

15. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ray Nitchski.

Sota, eat your heart out.

He bought into a burger chain i worked at in high school. Saw him a lot.

Marty Feldman at Detroit airport. Youngins won't know who he is.

Sota likes this.
  16. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I ran into Keanu Reeves at an Anthrax concert at the House of Blues in Chicago. Super cool dude.

17. Between2Bluffs

Between2Bluffs Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Growing up in Green Bay in the 90's I've met literally too many Packers players to count. Whether it was at practice or just around town. I also met Bob Weir once from the grateful dead. I was 18 and was working at a water park one summer and he came and bought some food at the little stand I was working at. He seemed very surprised I knew who he was. He was really nice.

18. 206moose

206moose Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Met Curt Wells on a Yukon moose hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    As a football camp councilor I have met many Packers, Fuzzy approached my son at his bar when we were looking at all the clippings on the wall, have the picture with him and my son wearing his ring. Ray was a legend would have loved to meet him.

20. janesburg

janesburg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Me and my buddy played pool against Night Ranger at a hotel in Green Bay. They were nice even though we kicked their ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums