Ever calm by Conquest

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Jimi, Oct 26, 2015.

1. sheddinva

sheddinva Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Gotcha, I almost ordered some one year but never did.

2. sheddinva

Dislikes Received:
    What does the card that comes in the conquest packaging mean? It says the below.

CONQUEST SCENTS ARE PRODUCED WITH DEER URING COLLECTED FROM TB AND CWD ACCREDITED DEER

To me it is saying that the deer they collect it from have TB and CWD but that can't be right can it?

3. jeremy421

jeremy421 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Probly because it doesn't smell like her herd u know

4. RCW3D

RCW3D Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    GE is illegal in VA now...though I'm sure it is selling well! LOL!

5. sheddinva

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I know, I assume the conquest is too but I don't agree with the law but the way I see it is if I only rub it on my boots then I'm not sure how they could contract any diseases unless I let them lick my feet...right?

6. JStarr

JStarr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm actually a fan of wind pro. I use it very sparingly and ONLY when I need it. I don't like for the deer to be "on alert'' looking for deer and eventually spot me.
    My advice is to pattern the deer and put a stand on their travel routes.
    I have had much more success doing this rather than slathering scents through the woods.

7. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have an idea but I feel like getting a second opinion on it. I have this pretty small and useless pocket in my scent safe bag and was wondering if putting a evercalm stink stick in it would be a good idea? It sounds like a good idea to me because all of my clothes would smell like a deer.

8. lonewolfhunter345

lonewolfhunter345 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have used deer herd in a stick and all I can say is amazing!

9. nwmono

nwmono Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^^^
    This

10. Chef Nerd

Chef Nerd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I used the yellow calm deer one on my boots when i walk to the stand. Haven't had neglect the scent.

11. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Herd stick is amazing!!!! I had it out when I killed my buck this year. Deer came in downwind, tried to wind my a few times and just kept walking right to me. 15 yard shot. I will continue to buy and use that stuff. I believe in it.

12. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know if it's a coincidence or what but after I started using the herd scent Ever Calm, I had a doe bedding about 45-50 yards from my stand a couple of weeks after starting to use it this past year.

I never was able to find out whether this big old doe was bedded down on my walk in or sneaked in some time after I got in my stand. Her bed was directly behind my stand and I never was able to see her come in but I always got to see her leave.

Either way, I haven't had any negative effects from it so I will continue with its use.

13. sheddinva

Dislikes Received:
    I never really noticed a difference for me. I was getting pictures in this one spot so I put it on the trees nearby and the pictures actually started being less and less. I also put it on my boots walking in and on nearby trees but never had anything coming in to it or hanging out around me like a lot say. I still feel like it is a great product, maybe my deer are just picky lol

14. Sound Barrier

Sound Barrier Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good stuff and great guy. I personally know the Robertsons, and have been to the Conquest deer farm many times. Its real stuff!

15. TnRidgeRunner

TnRidgeRunner Newb

Dislikes Received:
    TIP: I put it mostly on the toes of my boots, and only for about the last 100 yards of my walk to the stand, and then maybe 20 yards past my stand. if you put it on the toes you don't lose it all to the dew on the morning hunts, and it just brushes across the grass mostly. I also put it on the tree in my stand. As i said earlier in the thread, it is the most impactful scent i've used ever, by far. I've also had very positive results with Kischel's mock scrape kit, but that's another thread.

16. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ive had it turn deer inside out when they catch a whiff of it. not good for my hunting areas.

17. SCBOWHUNTER

SCBOWHUNTER Newb

Dislikes Received:
    might have to try it this season to see how it works for me

18. mandosound

mandosound Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I can say I tried it for the first time this last season and had good success with it. I also applied it to my boots before walking in. I also had some code blue on a drag line as well. Was not sure if it might be too much, but did not seem to matter. Had a doe the one morning had several nice bucks come through but no good shots on them. The next morning, did the same thing, had a buck double lunged on at about 20 yards, and he was done in seconds. He had followed the path I came in that morning right to me.

It is a combo I plan to stick with for a while. Seems like the stick will last a while. Used it several times this past season and still a good amount. I keep it store in the sealed bag it comes in, and a heavy duty ziploc after that. Seems to store well so far.

Good Luck!
    Chris

19. pastorbigdan

pastorbigdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Have not had any bad effects, my uncle shot a doe who came in on a string when she smelled it.

20. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use it regularly. In my opinion Conquest Scents makes the best, most pure, product on the market. I have been using the same stick of the regular EverCalm for the past 3 seasons (the up coming season will be the 4th). I continue to swipe the inside of each boot sole every other time I head to the woods. I think you can use too much of anything so a little dap will do. I don't refrigerate it either but instead keep it in my basement in a ziplock bag. It will melt if left in the sun so be careful of that also. My biggest buck to date, a 160 class 6x6 shot in 2013, was taken because of EverCalm. I shot a buck last season which came from directly downwind which does not happen all that often. Keep in mind I will have to buy a new stick this hunting season but I will not buy until October as I do believe the newest made scent has a better chance of doing its job. Good luck.