Episode 19

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by navy_bowhunter, Nov 8, 2013.

1. navy_bowhunter

navy_bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations to the BHOD Crew on a great show. Loved seeing the new Mathews bows being put to use.

2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thought it was a great episode.

3. TroyS

TroyS BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Keep running in. More action to come!

4. Kansasbuck

Kansasbuck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    about how long does it take to get these uploaded to youtube? I ask because for whatever reason, my computer will not play them off this site, they just never load.

5. adamsctybucks26

adamsctybucks26 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I tweeted this sentiment but I will post it on here. I would say that Justin's self filmed from the make shift ground blind was one of the best I have seen by far. Even though the outcome was not what he wanted it to be, it was still awesome to watch unfold in that situation. Keep bringing the action!

6. navy_bowhunter

navy_bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Justin's hunts and encounters from that wood line made blind are amazing. Last episode he had a deer right in front of him and didn't even spook it. I only wished he would of been able to harvest that giant on this last episode. Keep at it Justin. It will come together rather sooner than later. Also as far as YouTube for me as soon as I hit play it plays straight thru no issues what so ever, but then again I have 50mbps speeds for internet.

7. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys - not sure why the videos would be playing for you okay on YouTube but not our site? That's strange because they use basically the same hosting/settings. In any case we try to have the YouTube videos up the same day as the main site, generally within a couple hours.

Thanks for the comments on the ground hunt, sucks that it didn't work out but it was a pretty awesome experience! I used to hunt from the ground a lot when I was younger but had to get away from it due to the complications of trying to film it all. That particular spot just happens to work out b/c there's a big deadfall to my left. The deer have to come around it and since they can't see through it once they step out I've got a clear shot in the open. However it's a do or die moment when they hit that opening b/c we're face to face at 12 yards.

If I get the right E or NE winds again this fall you can bet I'll be back in there for another go at it. :tu:

8. deerhunter2381

deerhunter2381 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is going to sound bad but I mean it in the best way possible. This is only my second season bow hunting, last year my county got hit really hard from the drought with blue tounge. The deer population is about 1/4 what it was in the past. Last year I never got the opportunity to draw back on anything. This year however I had my first chance on a big mature doe. I was actually leaving the woods and she walked out on the trail about 25 yards. It was a nice broadside shot, I drew back, put the bead on her and let the NAP Killzone fly. It hit square in the shoulder, as she turned to run I could see all but maybe 2 inches of my arrow. Needles to say I never found her. After watching episode 19, it feels good to know that veteran hunters have the same things happen. I mean that the nicest way possible. Love your guy's show. Bow Hunt or Die!