Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Elite Bows

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Indiana Hunter, Apr 4, 2011.

1. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I picked up an '09 GT500 used (only shot a couple dozen arrows per seller) last year in Feb for $450 on AT classifieds. It came with a brand new Flashpoint Solaris sight, Doinker stab (has been replaced since then) and a brand new QAD Ultra Rest. It was a great deal just for the bow let alone the accessories that added up to around the price that I paid for the entire combo. I am fortunate to have an Elite sealer who is also a near-super tuner right down the road in Woodstock, IL. Awesome bow! 3 bucks last season with 3 shots.

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Oh come on now. I think there's a few hundred thousand people who may say otherwise. ;)

3. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've heard on the rumor mill that their customer relations aren't the greatest. Has anyone experienced any truth to that rumor? the pulse does look awesome though.

4. D34

D34 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just recently bought the Pulse. I couldn't believe how smooth it shot. I shot it side by side with my Z7. I kept hearing talk of how Mathews had a slightly "spongy wall" and how Elite's were rock solid. I tested it out and was amazed. There was a slight sponginess to the Z7. Then I tested the Elite and nothing.....rock solid. I was shocked! Don't get me wrong, I still love the Z7!

5. Indiana Hunter

Indiana Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That is exactly what I thought too! I heard people talk about this sponginess and thought no way, it is solid. When I shot the hunter I could not believe the back wall and letoff. It literally feels like its at 95% letoff. It is locked in solid and when the guy said test the let down, it felt like I had to push it foward for it to break over. I will say that the initial part of the draw cycle is a little bit stiffer than the Z7, but once it let goes it is very very smooth and I would trade that any day for what your getting in return. I am pumped about this bow and hpoefully will be aquiring one as my next bow.

6. Skeeder1964

Skeeder1964 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Looking at the Elite website, I like the looks of the Pure and Pulse. I want to try them for their let-off. The cams on these bows look like they would really have a good let-off. I am not sure which bow I want to buy. I have talked to a couple guys who sell these bows. They have talked about the Hunter and the Answer. Now I am really not sure which one I am interested in. I have shot a Hoyt and Oneida Eagle for about 25 years. the guys I talked to don't really have many bows between the two of them. Only a couple bows a piece. I wish I had a big dealer of the Elite close by so I could shoot them all to make a choice which one I like. Now reading this site, I really am not sure on the bow I want.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  7. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Eric, there's a shop about a half hour south of me that sells elite. He's in Greensburg, look it up on mapquest. Probably 2 hours away. i was in there over the weekend and he had a couple. If you want a specific let me know and I'll talk to him about it first.

8. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A friend I shoot with just got an elite answer. he love's it. I should have shot it the other day but didn't. Maybe next weekend when we shoot.

9. Bowhunter29

Bowhunter29 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am also going to get am elite bow next summer I am saving up