Elite Archery 2017 Lineup of Bows

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BradC36, Jan 10, 2017.

1. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So I guess that explains my "That looks like a Bear bow" thought.

IMO they did what a lot of people wanted. Tons of people wanted a split limb design, everyone wanted a roller guard. The new cam system is just kind of par for the course with a new bow and we pretty much have to reserve judgement until its out there and people shoot it. The riser is up to everyones opinion personally I like the look of the Impulse riser but this one isn't hideous.

Personally I could do without the split limbs but everything else seems like logical steps to take. Different riser, new cam, new roller guard, slightly different grip. Not sure exactly why everyone is up in arms about it.

2. BradC36

BradC36 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just wanted to throw it out there, that as per my original post, it is not the flagship bow that I dislike. They made some of the changes I would've wanted (roller guard, grip) and everything else does look par for the course of what you would expect from an Elite bow.

There was a mini Facebook battle I've been keeping up with on my own page as well so I am slow getting back to this thread; I was majorly disappointed because they failed to release a bow with a 22" minimum DL so that I could get the old lady the same brand bow I was shooting, preferably a high end bow (not impressed with her bowtech AT ALL, but options are limited).

Mathews released the avail, so I was really hoping Elite had something to match, but they released basically the same two bows for Women and for Kids, both of which have a 24" min DL.

And the delay on the release, how long it will take to actually get the bows, and the comical use of Bruce Buffer as a pitch man turned me off.

3. ats002

ats002 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Who cares what the announcer was like?
    I don't think I will take that into consideration when I go to shoot one of these.

If I like one of their bows the best that's what I'll buy.
    If not I'll go with another company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Bahaa...the topic of the release got brought up. I love Elite, shoot one, but the release was terrible is all :tu:

5. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The little circus show they put on was very bad and comical. I'll give you that. I'm intrigued by the new line up, particularly the Option7. I really feel Elite is at a crossroads in some ways. They could continue to produce the same Elite-like bows they have been, which might I add are nothing more than 2005-2008 Bowtech's, or they could revamp things and give their customers the bows they are asking for. I like the Split Limbs but the roller guard, being static, is a bit of a letdown. Was hoping for more of a flexguard, which is superior to the static styles.

I say good for Elite for moving their product forward. I'll shoot them to see what they're like.

6. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I only checked in because Slick Trick launched their new broadheads with Elite. I could not even make it past the first few minutes. The release was terrible and I checked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

7. lgreenslade3

lgreenslade3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  8. Bowhunter728

Bowhunter728 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hahaha. when he started talking and making announcements i'm thinking to myself oh god this isn't gonna be good lol.

9. frantic29

Dislikes Received:
    I was more referring to the general disdain showed so far for the bows in general. I see it definitely sucks they only went down to a 24" draw. I would think a women and kids bow should start around 21" and run up to 27"-28". I see your disappointment there.

10. _andrewgiles_sio

_andrewgiles_sio Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    $1300 for the Option 6, $999 for the Tempo

11. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A Halon clone, without Mathews superior axle and top hat system and dampers, but cost more?

Since when do clones cost more than than real thing?

12. _andrewgiles_sio

Dislikes Received:
    I was just saying the same thing to a friend. This bow is going to have to blow me away for me to spend that kind of money on a bare bow when I can get one just alike for $875

13. frantic29

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty sure those were the MSRP costs. I don't think the selling prices are going to be that.

14. _andrewgiles_sio

Dislikes Received:
    Correct, those were the MSRP from the factory. I called a local shop and I can get an option for $1050 and a tempo for $875

15. _andrewgiles_sio

Dislikes Received:
    I went and shot the Halon 32 and the Option 7, Halon felt really good just had a lot of vibration at the shot, draw cycle was smooth, and had a great backwall and letoff, Option had more vibration, draw cycle was about the same, backwall was the same, but the letoff on the bow I shot didn't feel like Elite letoff. Both bows were completely bare except a rest, so I'm sure the vibration could be absorbed.

16. frantic29

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with you on the letoff. It didn't feel typical elite. I shot them back to back as well but I don't get where you say the draw cycle was about the same. For me they were about as opposite as you get. The Halon is all front loaded and the Option loads as you go and is a easier pull for me. The Option I shot also had less albeit very slightly less vibration. Both were pretty dead though. That could be a set up timing thing though. Same with let off. They are somewhat adjustable with how the stops are set up. Back wall definitely different as well. Cable stops vs limb stops. It's going to be different. Both bows I'm sure are great. I liked the Elite better. Kind of felt like they took the impulse and just fixed some complaints. (Roller guard/hump at the end of the draw cycle.) ATA is too short for me on both bows for me so I won't be getting either.

17. _andrewgiles_sio

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I noticed a couple of those things on the bows i shot but overall they seemed a lot alike. I'm scheduled to shoot the new Bowtech and Hoyt tomorrow, so I will be making my final choice tomorrow. We'll see.

18. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was told that the different camo options would cost extra as well for the option 7.

I shot the option 7 and while the bow is quiet and fairly dead in the hand it lacks the typical let off we have come to expect from Elite. To me the bow felt like it wanted to creep on me when I drew it back. Almost reminded me of some of the PSE bows from a few years ago.

Pretty disappointed overall in the bow overall.

19. theback4

theback4 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I picked up an Elite Answer for the first time the other day, and I swear my heartbeat escalated. It's quality you can feel. So I'm sure the Elite loyals can stick with older models till next year?
    d

20. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been shooting Elite bows for the past 7 years. Honestly, they haven't made a bow since 2010 that "wowed" me ... and I've shot most of their lineup at least in shops. I was real excited to see the 2017 lineup and have to admit, the Option 7 did impress me upon first sight at the ATA show. I have to say that there are some features that I liked. The grip is outstanding. The balance in hand is nice. It doesn't have that clunky feel in hand like the E series did. I have never been a split limb fan though. I would love to see this bow with solid limbs. I haven't shot the bow yet, just held one, so I can only read what others are saying. Others are saying that the smooth draw and generous valley are gone ... I hope that is not the case, if so that would be a deal killer for me. Finally, like most are saying, the price point is insane.

For now I will stick with my old fleet of Elites ... 2009 Z29, 2010 GT500 (the best bow that I have ever shot), 2011 Hunter, 2012 Answer, and the holy grail of Elites a brand new, never been shot, 2009 GT500.