Easton Injexion Deep Six Arrows

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by SJPrice, Feb 8, 2012.

1. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would of loved to be a fly on the wall when a marketing guy says yea we can sell arrows for that much.... The economy is doing great for someone i guess. The bow and arrow companys have lost there minds.

2. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

I completely agree. I seriously doubt I will miss anything by not going with these shafts. Sorry, but 200+ a dozen for arrows is ridiculous.

There was a thread on here a while ago, can't remember by whom, that basically said that hunting is becoming a rich mans game. I believe with 1K bows, 200+ arrows and everything else in between, he might be right. Unreal.

3. SJPrice

SJPrice Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I would be interested to hear from anyone else out there who has tried the Injexion arrows. I get the fact that the cost is high. Now how about the actual performance experienced by archers.

4. VERMONTSTER_0341

VERMONTSTER_0341 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    +1 ^^^I concur^^^

5. Jbc3902

Jbc3902 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ok I'll give you my thoughts. I started bowhunting on Dec 26th of 2011, so lets call me a noob at best. I sold everything I bought on the 26th because I wanted to go with the new Heli-m and Injexion arrows. I bought the Carbon Injexions and based on my 68lb draw and 27inch arrow apparently bought the wrong arrow at 400 spine instead of the 330 I think was recomended (after being cut it was a tad late to do the return thing, plus they were ordered online). I paid $181 for 12 arrows fletched cut and fieldpoints to go with them.

I know my technique needs lots of work, but either the new heli-m or the new apache carbon or the arrows themselves have greatly improved my results, or it may be a mixture of all 3. However it just feels like these arrows are more like throwing darts then shooting an arrow. Todays shots were in 20mph winds, not even close to the best time to sight in a bow. They were also shot by me, someone far less experienced then most of you.
    My first 3 shots after paper tuning at 15,20,25 yds I think this is what you call a walkback tune
    walkback.jpg

Then I moved my sight and jumped back to 40 yards, mainly because the wind was blowing so bad I figured there was no sense in trying to do any final set of my sights.

40yds.jpg

Also I'm unsure if its the bow or the arrows, but compared to my same length FMJ arrows from my previous bow these arrows seem so much harder to remove from the target. I'm not about to claim they are penetrating the target more, but it almost feels like it. As a mater of fact I'll shoot the fmj vs the injexion tomorrow on a brand new side of the target and send some pics

6. Matt9589

Matt9589 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    :jaw:

7. SJPrice

SJPrice Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Jbc, thanks for the great feedback and post. Welcome to the sport. Looks like you are on the right track to being a successful bowhunter.

8. 220

220 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had the opportunity to test them this Summer on some hogs in FLA.

From what I have seen, there's ample proof that the INJEXION arrows do provide added penetration—which just makes sense considering the smaller diameter.

What I personally appreciated was the fact that due to the shaft wall being thicker than the Easton AXIS arrows I shot previously—the grain weight per inch was pretty well spot on as far as total arrow weight. What that meant for me was that I didn't have to adjust my sights while switching from my Axis arrows to the INJEXION shafts while using both on the same hog hunt—even better I didn't have to take two bows for the hunt! My AXIS and INJEXION arrows were touching while testing them out to 30 yards. I first checked for POI between the AXIS and INJEXION arrows with field tips—then shot both with a fixed blade head to check for any inconsistencies between the POI with field points vs. the fixed heads. Both arrows grouped identical both with field points and fixed head. In fact, I took the vane off the AXIS fixed head arrow with the following shot with the INJEXION @ 30 yards. Again, we were testing several heads on that hunt—which required me to switch between the AXIS & INJEXION arrows—so it was good to know that I could switch between the two without any issues as far as accuracy!

I think for anyone who has used the AXIS arrows and been content with them—he/she would likely find the INJEXION arrows to be a good option as well—as though they have a smaller diameter—they're still appear to be a durable shaft due to the above mentioned thicker shaft wall.

All in all, I was happy with the results I had while testing them—and plan to use them this season. I'll be interested to see firsthand what the results are once I start shooting out to 60+ ...

Worth noting, during the "test" hog hunt, we had 5 outdoor writers on hand testing the INJEXION arrows and NAP D6 (Deep Six) arrows. We took a total of 14 hogs on the hunt—and the results were very impressive across the board on what is a pretty hardy animal!

They are pricey, so it'll be interesting to see how strong sales are based upon such a high price tag!

9. nate

nate Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think we would all like to shoot the best there is. I also bet that they shoot a little better than the other premium arrows. I also know that the price needs to come on down before I'm shootin the best.:sad:

10. Jbc3902

Jbc3902 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ok I'm back again. Now today was the most horrid day at work ever. To make myself feel better I decided to test the penetration or atleast make an attempt to. First off I'm shooting 3 400 spine FMJ at 10.2gpi and 3 400 spine injexion at 8.9gpi all in 27 inches and all from the same bow. I also am using 100g points in both arrows. I turned my target so I was shooting on a brand new side. Now I'm not really smart on the gpi part so I don't know if that is playing a roll in the results but here they are.

As you can tell by turning the arrows up the fmj's are definatley sticking out further
    View attachment 14510

I'd also like to add this was done in the dark with back porch lights on. As you can tell from this photo my groups also appear tighter on the Injexions as well.
    View attachment 14511

These next pics are each arrow being measured from right up against the target to the tip of the arrow. Now based on my math it doesn't look like I got 33% more, but I certainly got more, which also explains why I'm tired as poo pulling these injexions out of my target. If you put 3 arrows ontop of each other I swear you almost can't even get to them to put enough force to pull them out.

FMJ #1
    View attachment 14512
    FMJ #2
    View attachment 14513
    FMJ #3
    View attachment 14514

Injexion #1
    View attachment 14515
    Injexion #2
    View attachment 14516
    Injexion #3
    View attachment 14517

So far I'm sold on them, I hope to set all my pins up on Friday and in 2 weeks I'll review the New NAP Killzone with it when I broadhead tune.

11. SJPrice

SJPrice Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I look forward to your experience with the NAP Killzone heads. I have them on order as well. 2 Weeks? Is that when they are to be available?

12. ultramax

Dislikes Received:
    $$$ you must be kidding.. marketing at it's best:sheep::sheep:

13. Jbc3902

Jbc3902 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Actually after some research it looks like April 1 is the day the kill zone becomes available

14. SJPrice

SJPrice Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Have you had experience with the arrows? I am curious on what do you base your critique?

15. ultramax

Dislikes Received:
    Thats easy i base it on dollar bills. For guys how think the most expensive arrow will somehow by magic make them better archers is smoke and mirrors marketing. Kinda like snake oil salesman if you ask me.

Shoot your old arrows and hire a archery coach for a afternoon.:poke:

16. SJPrice

SJPrice Newb

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I figured. Thanks for the reply!

17. coyotetrappermo

coyotetrappermo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    There will always be a group that NEEDS to ahve the latest and greatest no matter what your talking, marketing works for a % of the consuming public. They will sell these arrows and broadheads, but they won't sell near as many as more tradional carbon shafts go. The reason is simple the majority of hunters are hunting in their own backyards and want value with reasonable quality.

I shoot gold tipo XT hunters great arrows for any of my needs and no reason to try anything else, why? They work and penetrait well enough for my needs. It isn't so much about these being better, but the Magic is in that they are "NEW" technology! Todays consumers crave new technology doesn't matter in the hunting world or cell phone market. We can all agree apple has done a great job at marketing can we not? I pads and I phones. Does one really NEED all that extra? I think not but it is new and if it makes life easier hey run out and get on the band wagon.

Doesn't matter if it is a gun, bow or arrows or anything else NEW means better right??? LOL. Called marketing and who doesn't want better correct? It is an evolution of any product these arrows why way out of the price range of many, 10 years from now might be the NEW standard and more technology to replace what we have today.

Not too many companies will go through the added exspense of retooling like NAP did to get on board for these heads to fit these shafts a gamble for sure, but we will find out if it pays off for them or not. The retail world is a dog eat dog deal. Easton is trying to gain more market share!

I wouldn't give these a second glance but that is me, some will. No different than Hoyt producing a 1300.00 bow! Is that bow really that much better than others on the market? Technology has gotten to the point where the majority of the bows today will shoot just as well just he facts. I liken it to those that have custom rifles built spend alot of money, but with technology I can buy a factory rifle with my handloads that can shoot 1/2" groups at 100 yrds. Your gaining no real advanatge over such except it was a "CUSTOM" build and that works for some people. Each to their own.

18. 220

220 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    To an extent, I agree with you as far as consumer habits as related to marketing and "new products"/new innovation, etc. But, then again, the same argument was made back when compounds first came out. Same debate came around when carbon arrows first showed up on the scene, etc., etc. I believe you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who would claim aluminum shafts of 15+ years ago are better overall than the carbon arrows available today—nor that the compounds of today aren't overall better "tools" than the compound bows of 5-10 years ago.

So ... where one person may see only "marketing & hype"—I'd counter that continued product improvement and innovation mostly benefits the consumer in the long run. Today's bows are much more efficient and much more "user-friendly" than bows even 10 years ago! Do they cost more—absolutely—but so do cars, gas, milk and anything else as the years go by. There's more variables related to "cost" than simply "marketing" and hype around any new product, I can assure you of that!

As peoples lives become busier & busier, both work and family—I can appreciate "technology" and/or products that make it "easier" and/or faster for a hunter to become more accurate and consistent, especially considering a possibility that a given person may not be able to practice as much as some others.

In the end, as you said, to "each their own"! The good news is that no matter what Easton, Mathews, Hoyt, Gold Tip etc., etc., do regarding pushing for new innovation and products—there will always be other options available to the consumer, whether that regards specific features and benefits—and/or cost considerations alone.

19. SJPrice

SJPrice Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I agree whole heartedly and would offer as an additional thought that it is the new innovations of today and the folks willing to give them a try that allow for the "routine" or "average" level of performance down the road. If not for "new fangled" technology we would be using wood stave, wood shafts and flint broadheads to harvest our game. I am not saying that "primitive" archery is a bad thing. Just that it is not for everyone and thanks to continued progress in equipment it does not have to be.

That being said, I also appreciate the lively discussion surrounding such items, especially when the discussion includes science, experience and just a little tiny bit of skepticism.

20. Jbc3902

Jbc3902 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    SJ you got any idea of a lighted noc that's fits these things?