Easton Injexion Deep Six Arrows

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by SJPrice, Feb 8, 2012.

1. SJPrice

SJPrice Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just finished shooting some new arrows. The new Easton Injexion Deep Six arrows. I was using Carbon Express Maximas up until today. These new "skinny" arrows by Easton are real impressive. First off they are much stiffer, and they seem to stabilize quicker than other arrows. My set up is:

2012 Hoyt Carbon Element RKT 55 to 65 pound set at 60 pounds and a 27 1/2 draw.
    QAD XP rest
    Trijicon Accu-Pin sight

I found the Injexions shot 20 yard groups 1/2 to 3/4 inch tighter than the Maximas and I had to dial my sight back to 55 yard setting for a measured 60 yard shot that required a 60 yard sight setting with the Maximas. In other words, the Injexions shot "5 yards" flatter and or faster than the Carbon Express Maxima arrows.

The other benefit is the ease of pulling arrows. I would estimate that the force needed to pull arrows was nearly half that of full diameter arrows. On the other hand the penetration from arrow to arrow Injexion to maxima averaged 3 inches deeper for the Injexions.

I guess the best I can say is I just called the pro-shop and ordered more Injexions. Needless to say I am sold on these arrows.

2. Cougar Mag

Cougar Mag Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to hear. I may be trying some later on as I still have some "new" A/C Superslims left that shoot great.

3. jpfree

jpfree Newb

Dislikes Received:
    These are a little pricey, are they that much better than the standard old Victorys?

4. abates352

abates352 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would like to try some, what did they cost you. I am shooting axis now, and love them.

5. killerloop

killerloop Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I wanted to try these also,, up until I found out your limited to only 3 broadheads all made by nap.

6. abates352

abates352 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, but I kind of like the looks of the Killzone. I have never shot mechanical though. would like to see G5 come out with somthing in a fix blade. Montec CS Deep six.

7. SJPrice

SJPrice Newb

Dislikes Received:
    They are pricey, but not when you consider the cost of a hunt these days. If they improve your shooting and therefore your success then they are not expensive at all. That being said, they run around $130 a half dozen.

8. VERMONTSTER_0341

VERMONTSTER_0341 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  9. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was also very interested in them, until I heard about the limited selection for broad heads.. Out of all the arrows I have shot, broad heads have had a major influence on how they flew compared to my field tips.. So having the limited selection def. scares me.. but they still may be worth a try.

10. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just ordered some fmj 300's from passthrucustomarrows.com and I was informed by brad the owner that Easton is doing away with the HIT insert on all of their micro diameter shafts (Injexion, axis, and fmj) and putting deep 6 inserts as the new standard.

So, my new fmjs have the deep 6 insert. My deep 6 field points and deep 6 spitfires should arrive from eaglearchery.com early next week. I was informed by a rep at eagle archery that all major broadhead manufacturers will have offerings compatible with the deep 6 insert for 2012. He specifically mentioned in addition to NAP, muzzy, G5, and rage.

11. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Not entirely accurate. NAP makes 5 different heads that you can use with the Deep Six system. The Killzone, Big Nasty, Bloodrunner, Thunderhead Edge and Spitfire Maxx. As someone else pointed out, Muzzy now has a D6 compatible head as well. As these arrows begin to catch on I would imagine that you start seeing more broadheads become available for them.

12. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    130 a 1/2 dozen they better be heads and shoulders better....Not for nothing thats twice the price of the ACC's i been shooting. I part with money way to easy when it comes to bowhunting but most likely not in this instance.

13. SJPrice

SJPrice Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just finished my morning practice session. These arrows really do shoot. There was a moderate to heavy crosswind this morning. Now this is purely subjective, but there was much less crosswind deflection than I have experienced in the past.

I am now researching broad heads for them. I am leaning toward NAP Killzone heads. I have had good luck withRage 2 blades in the past and the Killzone seems to be a similar design. One of the reasons I like them besides the design is there is a practice head available.

14. killerloop

killerloop Newb

Dislikes Received:
    agreed, as when I looked at them there were 3... now it's up to 6 after 2 months

15. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    Still 260 a dz? 21 bucks an arrow before you even screw in a broad head. I cant help but think that the price of these past the point of negative returns...

With a broad head and lighted nock( if there compatible) you pushing really close to the 50 dollar mark...for an arrow?

16. SJPrice

SJPrice Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I agree in most cases, until you put yourself way up in the high country on a sheep or goat hunt and the wind is whipping around. A few inches less deflection from the wind could make a huge difference. At that point a $50 arrow would be one of the least expensive items involved. They are maybe not for the average deer hunter, but it is from new technology today that we get the great affordable gear of tomorrow. I for one hope Easton keeps improving on this new technology.

17. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    $280/dozen for a set of raw shafts is a bit rich for my blood. I choke a little bit when I have to pay more than $100.

IF I shoot the Injexion shafts, I'll be trying out the Carbon Injexions. At $160/dozen they're still pricey but at least that price doesn't make my eyes bug out of my head.

18. SJPrice

SJPrice Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Actually the price is for fletched shafts with nocks and inserts

19. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    Only 260 fletched? OK then sign me up for a dozen.....

In all seriousness I hear and understand were you are coming form, yes there are going to limited applications that this product maybe worth the extra expenditure. But for the other 98% of the time the 100-120 a dozen premium shafts will do 98% of what these can do. We are taking about a 50-60% premium on the price here.....do we get 50 % better performance? 25% even....come on there has to be a point of negative returns. Lets not for the premium price t that is added on for the specially needed broad heads ect ect...

When a products price is on the very very far end of the bell curve like this then some serious consideration needs to be taken to justify a purchase......

20. SJPrice

SJPrice Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I will not argue with you on that point. In fact I think we are saying basically the same thing.