Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Eastern Sports and Outdoor Expo - The fall out

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by muzzyman88, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Trlblzr3

Trlblzr3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  2. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  3. BowHuntingFool

BowHuntingFool Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It says that any gun with a pistol grip???? There sure are a lot of pistols out there with pistol grips!

"The California Democrat intends to expand on the ban that expired in 2004, by including handguns and shotguns, in addition to rifles. She would decrease from two to one the number of cosmetic features on a gun to have it be considered an “assault weapon.” This means that if a gun has just one item like a pistol grip or bayonet lug, then it is illegal. Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed into law the same ban in New York last week."

4. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  5. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I bet SCOTUS over turns NY Law, and Diana's never gets passed house, and I bet it does not get pass the senate.

6. BowHuntingFool

Dislikes Received:

Lets hope so brother, lets hope so!

7. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Update: Jamie Grey the Olympic Gold medal winner pulls out of the show also...

I want to thank all of you for your concern regarding my participation at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show.

It was with great honor that I originally accepted the invitation to participate in the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show. My purpose in attending this show in year’s past has always been to help provide a deeper knowledge and understanding for the Olympic Shooting Sports and as a way to give back to my local community given its proximity to where I grew up. Jamie Gray

As an Olympic gold medalist, passing on those values and knowledge has become even more important for me today. As an avid outdoors woman who grew in this sport in part due to my experience at ESOS, it’s a decision that doesn’t come easy but I have decided that I will NOT participate.

My decision is due to what I feel would be an inability as an Olympic athlete to represent my sport, industry and USA Shooting teammates in the best possible manner given the political climate that will be present as a result of the decisions that have been made.

The message that I hope to instill in the participants of the ESOS can only be muddled as a result of the current situation.

I look forward to my involvement in the Show in the years to come.

8. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    I hope your right, but I dont have that kinda of faith anymore in our government anymore.....

9. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Handguns have already been declared arms by the supreme court and protected by the 2nd ammendnent. Not much they can do in that area other than restrictions on magazines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

10. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What i've been saying all along

11. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Keep a close eye on what's happening in MD, things are rapidly falling apart. The bill they are putting before the judiciary committee looks very much like ny's

12. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    People the NY bill is bad but you should see the Original versions of it ..it would make the bill that past look like the NRA wrote it. Their real intentions are becomes clearer everyday. These people don't believe in the private ownership of firearms for any reason. And they won't stop till that happens. We compromise we fail.

13. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I saw the list of what they wanted, we are in for some rough times.

14. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

I agree the radical bills like hers will get no momentum. The votes are not there and the supreme court would nock it down even if it did.

The president bypassed alot of the votes with his executive orders and we will just have to wait and see what else comes down the pipe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

15. illinibowhunter

illinibowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone have an update as to how many people/companies have withdrawn from the event?? I am glad people are standing up for what they believe in!

16. trial153

Dislikes Received:

About 200 have withdrawn, about 20% total....and almost all the speakers and personality's have withdraw also. Keep in mind that not all the vendors are outdoor related so while 20% of the total seems like not a lot....its a much greater percentage of the outdoor related industry.

17. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    List of vendors still attending the ESOS.

Important to consider:

Good morning everyone. We have had numerous requests for companies that are still listed to be vendors or exhibitors at the Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show.

First of all I would like to point out that we are still receiving emails from people that are vendors who are just finding out about the boycott and all of the recent happenings at the show. We do not think it is a good idea, nor very professional of any of us to jump to conclusions and begin berating and boycotting companies, vendors, or manufacturers. exclamation

Secondly, this show is sometimes all anyone has to make a final stand between personal or business financial ruin and being able to pay their bills for another six months and survive the winter or until they can start working again in the sports industry. We must realize that a small company or personal vendor that puts out $2500 – $10,000 for space at the show has in some cases thrown all they have into the show, or in some cases may have even taken out loans to attend the show. We cannot in some cases blame or chastise them for sticking it out in hopes of making it, or at least covering their expenses.

What we really should be doing, is looking for an avenue in which these vendors, all of them both large and small, would be refunded their money for spots they have paid for at the show.

If you wish to continue to notify vendors and companies of whats going on here, that is great and we appreciate the help, but as for now, lets hold of on boycotting any vendors and businesses. None of them have outright come out and said they don’t care about our second amendment rights, and that is why we started this boycott to begin with.

We also can in now way verify any listing at this time as vendors and supporters lists have been altered and changed several times since this all took place. The only way we have of pre approving vendors for the Virtual Sports Show now is proof or receipt of purchase from the show. Therefore we cannot publish any listing of vendors or supporters remaining at the show.

Thanks for your understanding, patience and cooperation. Tom McConnell (MyNEOD.com)

18. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    Towne Marine

Hey everyone, talk about making a hole in displays… How about 6,500 Sq Ft of hole ! We received this from Towne Marine via email a short time ago !

“Due to recent ban on weapons by Reed Exhibitions at the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Shows, Towne Marine will be withdrawing their 30 boat display at this years show.

We are saddened we will not be attending our largest and best producing show all year but we stand elbow-to-elbow with our sportsman and refuse to do business with hypocritical gun activists.

Thank you for your business and we encourage you to come see us at the Philly Sportsman Show Feb 14 – Feb 17.

We support you the people!!!”

Please click on their logo to go to their Face Book page and thank them for supporting us !

19. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc, America’s oldest, family-owned firearms manufacturer, today announces that the company will not attend or support the 2013 Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania due to Reed Exhibitions’ continued refusal to reconsider their decision to ban Modern Sporting Rifles. The company in good conscience cannot attend or endorse this year’s show.

Our company’s position on the 2nd Amendment is unwavering and steadfast, therefore, we are unable to support any organization or event that prohibits the display or sale of legal firearms. We stand united with our loyal customers and supporters in this constitutional right and had only hoped for a different outcome.”

20. BowHuntingFool

Dislikes Received:
    I love seeing American Sportsman unite like this! Thank you!