Early Season Update

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Don't Poke the Bear, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Don't Poke the Bear

Don't Poke the Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The early season here in CT hasnt been so kind to me yet in the harvesting department. I've seen a lot of deer. So far the only male deer has been a little spike horn. I've had two does come within 15 yards of my stand, but... their little ones were a few steps behind. I personally wont take a doe with fawns. I've certainly spooked my fair share of deer too because of my own stupidity. recently my buddy shot a nice 10, and while tracking his buck, informed me on a real nice spot on the property that i havent hunted yet, a lot of sign everywhere. so i'm taking a shot in the dark and relocating my hunting area, considering my ladder stands did not fare well with wind direction. i'll be using a climber in there so hopefully this weekend i'll bag my first deer of the season. With the beginning of every season, the deer always remind me that i know absolutely nothing about hunting, even when i think i have it all figured out. hopefully i can change that this weekend

2. MattDota

MattDota Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i hunt in ct too. i took a doe on the opener. seen a young 4 point and a fawn. nothing big moving yet. dont give up. ill be out tomorrow also. good luck on the new area

3. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds pretty good. Good luck and keep us updated!!!