Duck Commander Customer Service Update

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by indynotch50, Apr 14, 2014.

1. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well I have recieved notice from duck commander about my call that does not work (literally does not make a sound no matter how hard you blow).

Back story:
    Girlfriend's mom ordered me a duck commander call at the end of October as a Christmas present.
    She (and myself) finally received the call a few weeks or so after Christmas. I got to take it hunting on the last day of the season. I blew it twice. When I got home it wouldn't blow.

I emailed them, 3 times, to get a response on cleaning / rain-x instructions. This did not work. I emailed them again with pictures and a video, 2 times before getting a response (3 week process in all).

So I called them after the email chain broke down. We had a dispute over shipping costs. The customer service rep finally told me she didn't care since I got it from a thrid party, not duck commander (which is incorrect).

My girlfriend sends them an email and they give her an RGA to send it back for a refund. Finally, getting somewhere. After not hearing back for a few weeks, she emails again. They tell her they have not received it. So she attaches the screenshot of the tracking number showing received and signed by their facility.

Well after a few days and no response to the shipping confirmation, she emails again and gets the following:

"Good Morning,
    We are contacting you in regards to the classic commander call that you sent back.. We have a 30 day return policy and we will not be able to refund you for the call. If the call was broken we can send you another call. If this is something that you will like to happen please contact me and will love to resend this to you. Once again thank you for your order."

So I had a working call for 3 days, and their customer service has dropped the ball since mid-January, and the response we get is that since we're now past 30 days, they will do nothing.

Absolutely ridiculous that they are all preachy and sell themselves as good people, but when in reality, it's all a sham and they couldn't care less about their customers.

Sorry, had to rant.

2. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One thing to remember, is that the people you talked to could have not been Robertson's and just some employee that isn't very nice. I have a feeling that the Robertson's don't actually spend a lot of time working in their business...

3. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am sure they are the ones who set the companies policies though. Employees have to play by the bosses rules.

4. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Oh yes, I'm not saying these reps are the Robertsons themselves. However, their customer service reps are a part of their company and directly influence the company. You can typically judge a company by it's customer service, especially in the hunting industry.

Unfortunately, it's not just one person that we have been dealing with, it's about 3 or 4. All are as worse as each other.

5. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I never bought into the whole Duck Commander thing, hated the show so this just proves they are a bunch of ( insert your own adjective). Sorry you had so much trouble better of just dropping it and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau

6. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just have Willie say a prayer for your call, it should start working in no time;)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  7. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Well that certainly stinks. After all the problems you guys had I would dispute the charge with your credit card company and let them handle it. 99% of the time they'll take your side and you'll get your money back.

8. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    If it goes 2 more weeks without something on their side I think disputing it will be the best method.

I am going to go ahead and file with the better business bureau though. Maybe go on amazon and tell the story on all their duck calls I can find.

9. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bbb won't help you. They're a crooked business in itself

10. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Take it to social media and the local media.

11. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I was thinking too. Start up a FB page and start sharing it like crazy!!! Sure you can get a huge following that I am sure eventually they will notice and not be very happy with.