DS4K

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Mudlake3, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Mudlake3

Mudlake3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Question about the ds4k. I bought my ds4k as soon as they came out 2 years ago. I was extremely happy with the picture and video quality. I love the combo, picture video setting.
    However, I have ran it very sparingly due to extreme battery usage. I put in all new batteries, did a factory reset this past weekend, set the camera on picture mode and the 30mp and placed the camera up overlooking my driveway so I would know it would take pictures.
    I checked the camera the following afternoon, 49 pictures taken all very clear and none of shadows or limbs grass moving. The problem was that in the roughly 24 hours I had it up it used up over 50% of the battery.
    I love the camera and want to use it, but there is no way I can with the battery being used up like that. Anyone else had this problem? Would an external solar powered battery be better? Or should I just set it on a lower mp setting and hope for the best?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have two that are two years old. Mine will last about 3 months on video/picture mode. Thats the only setting I use. What you are describing with your cam is a problem. They did have a firmware update. You may want to try it. That being said I added external battery to both mine and I am getting about 6 months now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If I ran mine in picture mode I would not set it above 8 mp. I think that is the native mp on that camera. The pictures will be best at the native setting and save card space and battery power.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk