Dropping Yee Bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by Brian Walters, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Brian Walters

Brian Walters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The verbal restraint when Justin’s bow dropped was impressive. My first thought was, and I’m curious to know what @Justin will say, how confident were you that your sights were not affected by the fall? If your #1 shooter buck came by shortly after would you have let one fly at it? Even though you didn’t throw out a word salad (at least on camera) the head shake said it all. I’m confident brown will go down before the season is over. You deserve some redemption bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I was admittedly caught off guard when it fell so I kind of just stood there for a few seconds before it dawned on me that I was in a tree with no bow and a shooter buck at 30 yards. :lol: I wasn't sure what the hell to do, so I ended up filming the buck for a few more seconds before he walked off into the brush. Then I climbed down and grabbed my bow as quickly and quietly as I could. It actually never hit the ground - it got caught up in a tree/bush about two-thirds of the way down.

I wasn't worried about something being off, to be honest. Bows are pretty tough and you would have to physically bend or break something to get it out of whack. Everything was still where it was supposed to be so I nocked another arrow and finished the night. I did shoot my bow the next day and it was fine.

3. Brian Walters

Brian Walters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice! I appreciate how you guys share everything including bad shots and mishaps. I bungled a shot this year at 25 yards and it sucked not recovering a deer. Then I watch the show and it is a reminder that even the most dedicated among us screws up sometimes. Makes me realize we aren’t going to be perfect and I’m not the worst hunter in the world because I didn’t put the shot I wanted on that deer.

Did some basic filming with my iphone this year and ponied up and got a sweet deal on a Sony G20 with the fourth arrow stiff arm and fluid head and mic with wind guard. Going to do some self-filming next year. Plenty of time to play around and get my system down before next season and avoid rookie mistakes. Riiiight.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums