Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Dont use roger sigler for a shed dog!!!

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by Johnny2910, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny2910

Johnny2910 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well Roger should be in PRISON!!!!! He is the most cowardly, dishonest, disrespectful, and above all thief I have ever done business with. I recently purchased a dog from this SOB for $6500.00. Yes $6500.00. My wife and I did extensive research on this guy and many others before we made our decision. We could not find one bad thing on the web about this guy, and since it was a huge investment we figured that was a good sign. We talked to him several times and felt he was the right choice. In January 2012 he let us know that a litter will be here in the next few weeks and we could pick one out. Well we sent our deposit and waited, waited, and waited and finally called him. Said the litter was gone but would have another in April... I should have backed out then, but decided to move forward. April came and went and when we called all he had left were 2 yellow male labs. We told him to choose the better of the two and we would take him. So the training begins right?? WRONG. Months passed with no word from Roger. From time to time we could get ahold of him and he would let us know that the dog was in line to be ready to be fully trained and ready for the 2013 shed season. A few more months came and went and we got a few YouTube videos of the dog playing and running around but never of him doing what we paid him to train him to do. Well now it’s December 2012 and the dog is almost 9 months old and my kids and wife and myself are getting excited for our new addition to the family to arrive and shed season with my 3 y/o. Rodger spoke to my wife 2 weeks before we were to pick the dog up and let her know this dog was the best dog he had ever trained and he really didn’t want to give him to us because we couldn’t take care of him the way he should be taken care of and that if we really wanted too we could sell the dog for $50,000.00 because he was so amazing!! But that’s what we expected for $6500.00, wouldn’t anyone? But we were still planning on picking the dog up. I have a demanding job and is hard for me to get out of the state and take off work. I had a small window and jumped in the truck and started to head up and get the dog, but half way thru the trip I had to turn around and get back to work. My wife remembered Roger saying he has shipped dogs all over the country so she called and asked him to ship the dog to us. Roger declined and said he would not do that and that it is mandatory for clients to be at the facility for a day to work with the dog so since we could not he has decided not to give us the dog and he would train us a new one and would be ready in September 2013. I couldn’t believe it, we have waited a year for this dog and been given the run around several times and now he wants us to wait another 9 months? Now I have no problem on driving 2k miles to get this dog, but I don’t know many people that can take off work for that long just to talk to a guy that trained my dog for a few hours. For $6500 he could have flown to my house if he thinks it’s that easy to take off on a cross country trip, but that was never mentioned. My wife called me in tears!!!! My little boy was devastated. Now that’s where I drew the line and told this guy to send my $6500.00 back and we would just get a dog from somewhere else. My wife wrote him an email and let him know just what kind of *** he was and he must have felt bad because the dog was on a plane the next day (which we paid for) Total so far is $6900.00. When I got home and started playing with him, I noticed that he did not do one thing that I told him (keep in mind Roger has never told me or made one of his many YouTube videos on how to work the dog in the field). I have received one YouTube video on how the dog sits, heals, lays down, and sits a treat on his nose and he has sent us a DVD on how to train your shed dog. Is this what $6500.00 gets you? It gets you a dog that does not listen to any commands and a book for you to complete the training yourself? He sent us some food down that he uses called Black Gold (which is a sponsor for Roger) that would last 2 days. We wanted to continue using the food he had been using. I have never heard of this dog food before and once I started looking around for it, you have to buy it at feed stores and none around the house sold it, so we had to order 2 bags off line and it would be a week before we received it ($230.00 for the food and S&H total $7130.00 for the expenses so far). The dog was out of food by this time and had to switch his food. And now everyone knows what happens when you change a dog’s food, and good god all mighty!!!! That was a long week. The dog is not house broken, digs holes in the yard, chews everything in sight and still would not do a simple command as load in my truck, even though Rodger let us know he "loaded like a dream". I decided to work with the dog on my 2 weeks off from work while my family was out of town every single day. In 2 weeks of constant working with the dog, he still will not sit, heel, load in my truck, but most of all will not retrieve a shed. We have gone into the fields and he seems to always find beer cans. WOW!! If I ever decide to be a can recycler than this would be money well spent for this dog. So we decided to call Roger and tell him we wanted our money back and dog would be on next plane out. But he said I will buy him back for half the price you paid for him but will not pay full price because I will have to re-train him. What kind of man takes another man’s money for a job and when the job is incomplete doesn’t make it right? Makes another man’s wife and kids upset and has no remorse for what he has done. We love the dog as he is very playful, great with my boys and I know he has it in him to be a great dog, so we have shipped him to another shed hunting trainer to be properly trained. I will write a new post when we get the dog back and let everyone that reads this how it turned out, as my first shed dog experience turned out to be a 1 year nightmare!!! As of now we are having him house broken, on and off leash trained, trained to load up, shed hunt and to be a bird dog and it will be a 12 week course and half the price and half the time!!! It’s sad to know that I will have almost 10K invested into this dog and have yet to get to take him shed hunting. If anyone is thinking of getting a shed dog think twice before buying one from Roger and Antler Ridge in Smithville, MO.

2. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    $6,500 for a shed dog?!?!? Holy hell!

3. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    uh sheesh think I'll keep further comment to myself on this one

4. chopperhound1971

chopperhound1971 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    lol I got my dog a the pound for free, he fetches points and doesn't crap in the house....

5. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Soooo.. Ummm...what? Lol

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

6. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Your own damn fault

7. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    1 purebred yellow lab = $200
    shed training = $50 ?? (mostly gas and beer)
    watching her find her first shed knowing I trained her well.... = PRICELESS

I dont get anything about this thread

8. jlucas1991

jlucas1991 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    first of all you spent wayyyyyyy too much. second, he probably sent you the wrong dog on purpose since he had so much interest in the one that was supposedly yours.

9. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow......I'd buy you a dog an train em for that much money not to sound an a$$ or anythin.

10. chopperhound1971

chopperhound1971 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    this forum needs a like button ;)

11. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So....you dont have enough time to go get the dog and see for yourself that it is trained. Then you complain that he is not trained. All this after paying $6500. But, then you get two weeks off of work and try to train him yourself. Hmmmmmm.

I have a lot of sheds that I found without a dog. How much would you pay me to ship them to you?

12. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can't take it. I'm going to say what we are all thinking. Johnny,.......and I say this with the utmost sincerity,.......you are a d-bag.

13. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ha.............hahaha. I am sorry, but you are an idiot. I hope your paycheck is 6 or 7 figures so this doesnt cripple your finances.

I felt guilty last week for dropping $60 on arrows, reading this makes me feel better.

14. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I stopped reading after you said you paid 6500 for a dog.

15. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Whoa....you cant be serious? You paid $6500 for a shed dog? I'm sorry and not trying to be rude....but that is just plain stupid!

16. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No, he spent $10,000 on a dog.

17. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LOL....That's even worse. I cant get over this thread. :jaw:

18. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Best thread ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Crap how'd you get yours for only $6500?

20. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Looking forward to hookers or Vito's analysis of this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.