Done with NAP!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Sadlk, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Sadlk

Sadlk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Done with NAP!!! (Maybe, UPDATE!)

Update on page 2. Jason and I are now in contact and he is attempting to get all of this fixed. I did try to handle this with NAP but it resulted in no resolution. That is why I went public with my issue. Now thing seem to be going in the right direction....

Update on page 3. NAP has taken care of this issue. They have also regained my loyalty as a customer through their over the top customer service after this issue was taken to the proper people. Thank you NAP!!

This year I decided to make a change from my Trophy Ridge Meatseaker broadheads because I found out about the NAP Bloodrunner 3 broadheads. I really liked the combination of field point accuracy with a guarantee of 1" cut even if the mechanics failed (1.5" if it properly functions). I practiced a few times with one of the broadheads and found that there was virtually no difference between them and my field points all the way out to 50 yards. My love for these broadheads grew as my confidence grew and I was sure that I found a broadheads that I would use for many years to come. In the past I have used and loved the NAP Thunderhead broadheads and only changed because of my interest in mechanical broadheads. With my past satisfaction in the Thunderhead I was very confident in the Bloodrunner broadheads.

The first day in the stand this year it was rainy and my gear got wet, no big deal this happens all the time. After the hunt I dried all my equipment and stored it away until the next practice session or hunt. The next day I gathered my things to go hunting and when I pulled my arrows from their case I noticed that the NAP Bloodrunner broadheads had all RUSTED at the tip where the screws hold everything together. I thought this was very strange and reinstalled my Meatseaker broadheads to go hunting. As I sat in the stand that night the disbelief and disgust started to set in. I couldn't believe that I had just spent $40 on three broadheads and after one night they were rusted. When I arrived at home that night I tried to clean the rust and add a little oil to prevent further corrosion.

I checked them the next day and the rust had returned. I decided to email NAP about my problem and explain my concerns about the new equipment I had purchased from them. I heard nothing! Three days later I called them to talk and sat on hold for 21 minutes waiting. I finially decided that I had better things to do so I hung up. The next day I tried again and talked to a very pleasant lady that continually apologized for the problem but offered no solution. I finally asked her why I should ever buy another NAP product or speak well of the company if they would not stand behind their products. She then took my information and said she would have someone give me a call to take care of this issue for me. It has been a week since that conversation and I have not received a phone call or even an email response from my initial attemp for resolution over a week and a half ago!!!

So it is time to follow through on my threat to never purchase another NAP product or speak well of them. After this post I will be changing all of my hunting arrows from NAP broadheads and make the appropriate adjustments in my signature here on the forum. Because, I am not okay with being treated as though I am insignificant and I definitely will not shoot an animal with a RUSTY BROADHEAD!!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  2. rkloehn

rkloehn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    this is crazy talk, dont let one bad broadhead ruin it. NAP makes awesome broadheads period!!!!

3. Sadlk

Sadlk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The BROADHEAD is not the problem. The problem is the lack of service I received when I had a problem with NAP's product. I gave them several opportunities to keep my business and they basically told me to go piss up a rope.

All three of the broadheads rusted.

4. OldTimer

OldTimer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm shooting montec G5's 100grain stainless steel fixed blades and love them. I've practiced with one out to 50 yards and I see now difference in how they shoot from my field points. I didnt want to spend another 20 bucks on practice points so I was using one of them to help sight in my bow and make sure they'd hit the same POI and I'm impressed with how sharp that blade still is. You can also get carbon steel montec's but I like the stainless just fine.

I'd highly reccommend the G5's by montec. They cut a huge hole every time and you dont have to worry about mechanical failure. There are too many other variables and what-if's. Your broadhead shouldn't be one of them imo.

5. OldTimer

OldTimer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    sounds to me like the broadhead is a huge problem. I'd expect that from 9.00 walmart broadheads, not at 12 bucks a piece.

6. finnshady

finnshady Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yea that is pretty crappy of NAP, like what is stated above I love the G5 also great broad head and they sharpen up good to.

7. crxwolski

crxwolski Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the same problem with them rusting. I was just on there site and they said it was made out of stainless steel. Since your having a problems with them not returning your calls, I listed my problems on thier facebook page. Lets see if they answer back.

8. Sadlk

Sadlk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good idea. Maybe I'll post my story there too.....

9. Sadlk

Sadlk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I saw your post and responded to it with my story.....

10. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear that you are having these problems with NAP. Everytime I have ever called I have always been helped right away and to my satisfaction. Hope that your posts on the facebook page helps and gets your issues resolved.

11. OutbackRyno

OutbackRyno Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had the same problem with my 2 blades. I cleaned them up the best I could, but a couple of them are seized up because o the rust. I have shot a couple that I got cleaned up pretty well and killed deer with them this year, but I can't take the chance of pulling an arrow out of the quiver and it not functioning. I have already decided that I will be switching to muzzy mx-3's once these are done. No problems with them other than that though. They knock a chunk out and fly great too.

12. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Like Ferg said ive had great service when i called and emailed them. Im sorry to hear you havent. But a side note not everything on the broadhead is stainless steel it said that the blades were it said nothing about the screws. Im not saying this is an excuse for them just pointing it out and hopefully they make things right.

13. KyleLewis

KyleLewis Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot thunderheads and they've never rusted. In fact I can't think of anything that has rusted in 1 day. Are you sticking them into a wet quiver??

14. TEAM UOA

TEAM UOA Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I make sure I wipe my equipment down after it gets wet and leave my arrows out to dry. Never had a problem with NAP service they have always been better than most.

15. MrSimon

MrSimon Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I recently killed a doe with a brand new NAP Killzone broadhead. I recovered the arrow (still in tact) and set it outside of my garage, where it sat for 10 days. It got rained on multiple times. I picked it up yesterday and there wasn't a single spec of rust. The broadhead looked and functioned like new.

Last year I used NAP Thunderheads and had many of them get wet. Never a spec of rust.

I understand that you had a bad experience with stuff rusting, and you seem to not be happy with the level of customer service you obtained ..... but that is no reason to slam an entire company in a public forum.

NAP is an excellent company that produces excellent products. Like all good companies, they aren't perfect. So what. Just go hunting and forget about it.

16. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've used several NAP broadheads over the years and have never had one to rust.

17. Sadlk

Sadlk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No my quiver was not wet, and I store them in a separate case from my bow when I'm not hunting.

18. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Just go hunting and forget it... Great point, maybe the guy would forget it better if it was your time and money he lost instead of his own. If a forum isnt the place to share experiences that are relevant to the topic then where the hell is?

19. Sadlk

Sadlk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok I'll take your advice as long as you will give me $40 and i will ship these rusted broadheads to you. Would you waste your money on them? There have been many others on this post that have had the same issues that I'm having, so this is not an isolated incident. I'm very glad that you have had good experiences with NAP. I didn't have that experience with them and I'm voicing my opinion about it, so don't tell me to "just go hunting and forget about it". As I stated in my post, I gave them many chances to make this right and stand behind their product and they wouldn't. What reason have they given me to purchase these so called "excellent products" again, or to not speak poorly about them? I have done all that I can do, and more than I should have had to do in my opinion to get some resolve. I'm not asking for them to move heaven and earth to fix this for me, but maybe some information about how they plan to fix this problem in the future for other hunters and a prepaid shipping box to send the product back for them to inspect and fix or replace (the later isn't even necessary). I would just like to know that they are taking this issue seriously by returning a promised call and stop ignoring me!

20. Sadlk

Sadlk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you... I think it is funny that some people here are trying to make me out to be the bad guy.