all you dog owners out there- my 5 year old Giant Schnauzer has apparently torn both his ACLs. One went last month (diagnosed) and the other I am pretty sure went the day before yesterday as he's holding/dragging that leg now. When he first got hurt, my original vet gave him some anti-inflammatories and doguprofin, and said to call him in 2-3 weeks and I could decide if I wanted to get surgery (he would refer; he's not a surgeon) or if I wanted to decline and then let arthritis eventually set in likely shortening the dog's life. So today I call the vet back and got a surgeon recommendation and also did some research and called some surgeons in the area on my own. Other than the recommended surgeon, most of them said they did not usually recommend surgery for this injury, but if they did it would be around $2000.00 For me, it's not about the money. I'm doing OK and this damn dog has cost me well over $10k over the duration of his life already. I love him and he's worth every penny. But he's a maniac, and we also have a 1 year old pup who's even worse and they run around going full retard on each other all day. I am afraid that if he gets the surgery it's going to get messed up because he literally can't help himself from chasing the pup around all day. Sorry for the long intro...has anyone gotten their dog this surgery; and was it worth it? High chance of re-tear? I'll spend the money but not if he's just going to re tear it or if there's no long term difference in arthritis risk b/t surgery vs. non-surgery.