Does nose jammer work?

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Twins, Sep 24, 2013.

1. alexjoelslaydon

alexjoelslaydon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When I went to my bowhunting course the instructor said he tested it with search dogs which don't have nearly the smelling power of a deer and I forgot what they tested it on but they tried every single scent eliminator on the market and none of them got close to working. the deer will just smell you and whatever "scent eleminator" that is on you.

2. ArcheryAddict21

ArcheryAddict21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Play the wind, end of problem

3. Hogwire

Hogwire Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Used it Saturday on my boots. Deer came in downwind, crossing my trail. They seemed very comfortable in the area. Had a Halfling come in same way and blew but it looked like he actually was blowing at deer at my rice bran pile. They ambled off and came back shortly. Stuff has a really strong smell, I still seem to get a whiff of it today, Sunday. May have been a little residue in my truck. Has a very pleasant smell thank goodness.

4. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Stick one in the office bathroom and see if it works:)

5. Legion_Edge

Legion_Edge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the nose jammer detergent I received it for free, and I also use the normal WildGame Inovations for a double tap. But I have yet to get busted this season, I have had 3 bucks come from directly down wind and not even lifted there nose. and Multiple Does come in the same direction downwind and nothing. There was once when a small fork was acting all weird with licking his nose and what not but I just put some chew in so who knows. I like it and plan on buying the spray as well.

6. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think I might try it the last 4 weeks of season.

7. bburen

bburen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    no matter what miracle scent eliminator, scent free clothing, ozonics, etc etc etc. these items might help but, play the wind

8. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Friend of mine gave me his can so last night I went out and sprayed my boots with it a real nice buck came in and got a nose full of it, he did not run but was clearly freaked out because his nose no longer worked as he just would look back and forth and would shake his head He also stayed for about 15 min then walked off upwind. He stood about 150 yards out for awhile and blew 4-5 times I returned the calls and right at dark he walked back to me. Not sure if I would use it again he was wired the whole time he was next to me. The 4 point rule per side did save his life but his mass made him a shooter in my book.

9. Bronson

Bronson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ate at Taco Bell the other night. Sprayed it in my wife's nose, worked perfectly! She thought I bought her roses!

10. WISCONSINBUCKHUNTER

WISCONSINBUCKHUNTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We sell it in our shop and the results are unbelievable. I wouldn't go as far as "overloading" their noses. But it defiantly works, you just don't want to get busted when a deer smells you because then they will be alerted the next time. Otherwise great product.

11. iahunter11

iahunter11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been trying it this year...get results only downside is the deer get real curious. And stay around sniffing for along time... had deer circle 360 multiple yardage and haven't been winded yet... scent killer soap for clothing and nose jammed body was and on the boots and a tree about 20yards in your preferred shooting zone (they lick it from every direction)...

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD