Does illinois have a deer donation program for helping the hungry ???

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BuckEyeJay, Jul 26, 2016.

1. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone know if illinois has a donation program for the hungry or helping hungry family's ? I know many other states do like Iowa and Missouri and so on but does illinois. If so could someone give me a little info about the program and how it works thanx.
    I'm looking to donate quite a bit and I know in other states you just bring the deer in with tags fill out some paper work and they do the rest is there something like that around here . I'll be donating 2 to 3 deer. I have permission to hunt 2 new farms but the farmer wants me to take 3 to 4 does before I shoot my bucks and I don't have enough room for that much meat in my deep freeze so I'd like to donate it if possible to help someone or a family that needs it more than me. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thanx guys.

2. Gator Dale

Gator Dale Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I believe so at some butcher shops usually have the info. For there community. I usually have extra room lol

3. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I.S.A.H. Illinois Sportsman Against Hunger. Check with your local butcher shop to see if they participate. I'm pretty sure the state and processor cover some of the cost for processing but the rest is on you as a donation. Tax deductible of course. I know people that do it for the same reason you mentioned.

4. BukFvr21

BukFvr21 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes we do. Illinois Sportsman Against Hunger. You can go right to the DNR website and look at the eligible county map. Great program.

5. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    Thanx for the info guys I'll check it out today and call both my local butcher shops to see if they participate.

6. Gator Dale

Gator Dale Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Should see if the farmer needs his freezer filled

7. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    I did his sons hunt the family house I'll be hunting the 3 other farms so his sons fill it big time with there land owner tags. they get a bunch.

8. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    If I had the money or time I'd process it all myself into different things and sell it to guys at work or something but I don't have the time , money or room in my freezer maybe next year lol.