Does everybody have high end bows?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by jacob102537, Jun 24, 2016.

1. hardmont1

hardmont1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm no rich guy but I like to have nice toys when I can I shoot a halon 6 but I also have a mission craze and in about a week I'll have a defcon 6 . Dthe guy who one my archery league was using a golden eagle bow so much for my halon lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The second bow I bought in 2003 I used for 10 years. The thing cost about $200. Killed a ton of deer with it. The latest bow I have is a PSE that I bought for maybe $250. If I miss a deer it is on me, not the bow.

3. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I buy a couple bows every year. As far as hobbies go it's cheap.

4. happyhunter

happyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have also purchased high end bows, but I keep them for several years. I bought a Hoyt Carbon Enticer in 1997... My next bow was a Destroyer 350 in 2010 and I still hunt with it. May look for a new bow in a couple of years...

5. ksfarmhunter

ksfarmhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have been shooting 7 years and I just bought my first new bow. My first was a used Mathews for $225. I bought my second bow last month--a PSE Drive LT loaded for just under $500. The high end bows are probably great, but not for me.

6. Ks.hunter

Ks.hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    my wife bought me a 2016 pse drive r last year for Christmas. it was the best bow for me within my budget. I love shooting it and do about everyday. with that being said I also shot the halon and the no cam. they were awesome! preparation,practice,dedication, and a little luck will get you further then a high end anything

7. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Still shooting my 2010 Sentinel. My backup is an 09 Marquis. Still shooting well. Thinking about upgrading, but not necessary.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

8. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have a high end bow, but I do have a Yeti.

9. happyhunter

happyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Do you camp for days on end or something? I have a lot of friends with Yeti's and I have no idea why... They never camp or anything.... Just daytime excursions. Biggest waste of money ever

10. archer#5

archer#5 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I currently have four bows hanging in my man-cave, one Mathews Switchback, one PSE Decree, one Bear Motive 6, and one PSE Drive. My primary bow is my Bear Motive 6 and I have about $1300 in my total set-up, but my favorite bow is my PSE Drive that was only $500 bear bow. I did put all of the best accessories that could get on it and still only have about $800 in it. As you can tell I am not brand loyal and I normally buy what fits me best and I shoot best. Just about every bow company produces what they call mid priced bows and if most archers would give them a try they would be impressed. The new PSE Drive-R, Hoyt Charger and the Mission Ballistic are just three that in my opinion shoot above their price tag. When it all boils down to is that you do not have to dump a ton of $$$$ into a bow to make it a deer killing machine.

Tags: