Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Doe Harvest-NAP Spitfire Double Cross

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BradC36, Oct 25, 2016.

1. BradC36

BradC36 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    doe2.jpg doe3.jpg

doe4.jpg doe5.jpg

The hot streak continued last week after the old lady got her first deer of the season, I was able to take one for myself. I have to say, those spitfire double cross broadheads are WICKED. 23 yards quartering away at last light, broadhead and about 2" of arrow broke off in the opposite shoulder but the BH was still in tact when I pulled it out. Found her 60 yards from where I shot her, and had an incredible blood trail. I actually had my buddies son out with me who wants to start bowhunting next year, I think it is safe to say the fire is lit under his butt. Took this from this FB post I put up...

"
    • Part of our obligation as hunters is to pave the way for the next generation of outdoorsmen and women. Teaching ethics, woodsmanship, and safety were my priority this year as I planned on taking out new hunters for their first time in the woods. My buddy Tyler joined me last night for his first time getting in a treestand, or the woods for that matter, and I think the fire is lit under him to put the practice time in with his bow and mirror the success of last nights hunt. I couldn't be happier with how this season is going. "

2. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I too am impressed with this head. I made a marginal shot on the buck I killed this year, but it did its job and I had great bloodtrail all the way to a dead deer. I clipped rear of one lung and liver, hit diaphragm, and straight through stomach. I didn't get complete pass through though and my arrow hung in him for 50 yards before finally falling out. That was my only complaint for where I hit with my set-up I would expect to be picking it out of the dirt.

3. BradC36

BradC36 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would assume that had the deer not been quartering away as hard i would've blown through her, the BH tip was coming out of the shoulder on the outside, was real pleasant trying to pluck it out.

4. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe!

5. BigHoss

BigHoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was skeptical of these also when I first opened the package. I was expecting a Killzone with an extra set of blades and wasn't sure about the primary blades not being locked once deployed. I was impressed with the entrance wound and would have passed all the way through if it hadn't impacted the offside shoulder.

The entrance wound was 4" wide, granted the shot was quartering away but still impressive.

20161023_101126.jpg

When I removed the arrow it looked like the secondary blades had not deployed but once I opened him up it was obvious that they had done their job and had collapsed as I pulled the arrow backwards.

6. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice harvest. Looks like a good wound channel.

Tags: