Do you still support Trump

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by BJE80, May 17, 2017.

1. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I still support him, but wake up everyday waiting to read that they found some credible evidence that he is the crook they all say he is.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

buggs and w33kender like this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Best part of Trump has been the exposure of the celebrities and their intolerance, they all act like children that have not got their way. The liberal claims to be more enlightened and we have learned that is a damn lie.

3. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So that would make him like the rest of the politicians.

4. takemrarely

Dislikes Received:
    True, but in the current environment there is a war being waged between Trump supporters and the Never Trumpers...him being found to be a crook would be proof that I was backing the wrong horse

w33kender likes this.
  5. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, still support him.

buggs likes this.
  6. remmett70

Dislikes Received:
    Would backing a different crooked politician be any better?

I'm fairly confident if there was something there, it would have been leaked by now. The fact that they have to misrepresent to try and keep things pointed at Trump give me assurance that he is clean (relatively). Flynn, Sessions, Comey, is all pretty much normal SOP. Trump has known from very early on in the primaries, that they were going to be gunning for him. He is not a stupid man, and I'm pretty sure while what he says and tweets comes off as some goofy teenager, what he does is far more calculated than people want to believe especially democrats. He has his bases covered.

buggs likes this.
  7. takemrarely

Dislikes Received:
    I hope you are right....and honestly, there is no way Hillary was the RIGHT horse.

buggs likes this.
  8. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I voted for trump and never really liked him. I have no problem with his performance so far. The very worst case scenario is he is impeached and then we have Pence as President. I can live with that.

Hammerin Hank and virginiashadow like this.
  9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Still support him, still get irked when they bait him into responding only to refuel a smoldering fire. He made it through the campaign so I'm sure nothingnis going to change in the short term.

The media and hardcore leftwing nutjobs will still nitpick everything he does. They will not rest until they get something on him, they are the ones that will make this a long 4 years.

I hope Trump ends the daily briefings or holds them himself. I get more satisfaction watching them cry then anything else.

I look at who is reporting what more than what is being reported. The left doesn't realize just how much damage they are still doing to themselves and why they will not recover in the next midterm nor the general election. They are so bat scat crazy I fear what they would do if they regained control.

buggs likes this.
  10. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Never have, never will I have too much respect for my wife and daughter. It's not what he's done because he's done very little. He's done a good job at enforcing immigrations laws. His healthcare is crap, it may be worse than obama-care, that took a lot of incompetence for congress and him to come up with that mess. He acts like a two-year-old and the Media has nothing to do with his administration all saying different things or him just making stuff up. He plays the media and plays the fake media card very well, and his lemmings tow the line.

He's looking into the VISA rules on H1B1 visa's which I support.

I do support Corporate tax rate cut to 15% and his simplified tax brackets, I would like to see medical expenses put back in for tax breaks. That exemption helps a lot of middle-income families.

I support his vision for NASA to go to Mars, aim big.

He's trying to revive a dying industry in coal and manufacturing, instead of investing in the jobs of the future. In the next 5-10 years, we are going to have more automation and more job loss than a lot here can fathom. Retail will be totally different also, as we will keep bleeding retail jobs in the coming years.

His education plan is just a transfer of wealth, public money to the 1%/Relgion. We have here in Michigan been doing the Devos model the last ten years and scores are down across the board, zero accountability, yeah us.

I could care less about Russia, I am more worried about the cuts to the GLRI, EPA and other organizations that support our environment.

I won't support him, but I'll also give him credit when he's right. When I studied WWII in college I used to wonder how a man like Hitler could come into power and get blind support, no matter what he said or did. I now understand how it works, how people come so disfranchised they elect someone and follows them without question. What keeps me up at night is the blind support Trump gets no matter what he says or does.

Now call me a liberal and all the other BS, don't care :)

11. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, watching the media and the bipartisan establishment linking up to destroy him galvanizes my support even more.
    The political establishment and entrenched bureaucracy along with their partners in the press and the governments corporate partners are the reason for the state of affaires we are in. At no time do I believe that they are capable of subverting their own interests for the good of the county. So with that in mind Trump and future outside candidates are our only alternative

buggs and Sota like this.
  12. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Along the lines of healthcare.....I just wanted to clear a few things up that you probably wont hear in the media. I have sold and serviced group and individual health insurance for nearly 27 years. That being said, it has never been the primary focus of my insurance business. I also sit on the board of our local hospital. I have attended many meetings and teleconferences on the subject and have an inside working knowledge of healthcare from both the providers and consumers perspective. ACH was a total disaster and they knew it was a disaster from the start. Without underwriting, insurance companies were doomed. I saw it coming before the vote was forced on us. Also, the mandated coverages crippled the system. I had to give up my plan because it did not include maternity. We did not want maternity, but ACH made it illegal for my carrier to renew my plan. So, I had to choose a new plan with a much higher deductible and still cost 30% more. Nice fix huh? Then, Obama blamed the companies for cancelling plans. It was a dog and pony show. He knew it was illegal for the provider to renew those plans. Some states are down to only one or two carriers to choose from because the rest had to cut their losses and pull out of the market.

The new plan allows underwriting. The new plan will have rates that are projected to be 40 to 50 percent less for individual policies, if you are healthy. If not, you are still guaranteed coverage at rates that are likely to be lower than current rates due to the fact that the high-risk pool will be backed with federal dollars to guarantee that the companies will not go broke paying claims. Its a win-win. If you take care of yourself, you will be rewarded with much lower premiums. If you have health issues, you are guaranteed coverage that is subsidized. But, the media and the liberal politicians would have you believe something far more sinister. It's BS, pure and simple. They know that a successful revamping of our healthcare system under Republican control would be the most damaging thing to ever happen to the Democrat party. They want total failure so that we can become socialized and forced into a single-payer system. I have traveled to countries with single-payer system and had to use their healthcare, its not a great solution to be sure.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  13. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    But Fletch, I read on huffpo that Republicans want people die.

And also Trump is Hitler.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sota likes this.
  14. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly! We laugh, but they seriously try to detract with that type of drivel. Its so desperate, but it pulls in a lot of people that have no desire to utilize any brain capacity for critical thinking. Sometimes, the bigger the lie, the more dweebs you will suck in. P.T. Barnum laughed all the way to the bank with that type of showmanship.

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The Libs have convinced their followers that healthcare is a right. I am no constitutional scholar but I don't think the founding fathers included health care in the bill of rights.

cls74 likes this.
  16. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And anyone opposed to that idea is a racist "white privilege" type person. Labelling and negatively categorizing people to induce fear amongst their voter base. Absolutely sickening use of the media.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Lester, cls74 and fletch920 like this.
  17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I guess I am racist, if you get an education before you reproduce and develop skills you will get a "good" job that has benefits like health insurance.

greatwhitehunter3 likes this.
  18. remmett70

Dislikes Received:
    Since the 2010, I have heard democrat politicians claim all of the following. Republicans hate, Blacks, Mexicans, muslims, old people, poor people, women, college students, teachers, middle class, military members, veterans. I might be missing a couple.

19. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Fletch that is good info, but the new plan still does not fix the problem, which is healthcare cost keep going up year after year. Until we attack that problem, I see us right back where we are today in a few years. As for single payer, now that I have been to Paris and talk to others I have my view on single payer, the guy below thinks a single payer is this country is way better than ours, I know fake news, LOL

Trump

20. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

I know probably less about healthcare than anyone alive, but I can't help think the best way to lower health care would be to have patients deal directly with their care provider. How many people are getting paid in the health care system that have no actual impact on health care?