Do Wider Broadhead Designs Kill Faster?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunting.com Staff, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

2. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have no doubts that this statement is true. I wasn't meaning to say that a mechanical isn't capable of passing through. Just simply presenting a situation of two different wounds that have similar amount of damage but very different wound channels.

It seems that a lot of broadhead discussions revolve around a small percentage of shot scenarios. If the discussion revolved around the vast majority of shot possibilities, we would simply be comparing which heads stick in the diry the farthest on the back side of the animal.

3. Bowguy

Bowguy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Do you realize how dumb you sound? 35 years isn't a decade. Now average just 6 deer a year out over 35 years n you'll get over 200. I live in a very liberal hunt limit state. At one time the permit season alone was 2 deer on every permit n you could get multiple for even the same zone a year. Sorry if you find it impossible. If you want help getting better let me know.
    The large number of bucks thing was when I was younger n chasing numbers like many do, they were just reg bucks some better than others. That lasted a few years until I found it stupid. But farmers still want deer shot if you wanna keep hunting here so they'd say n we'd oblidge. So most decent guys around me find no trouble getting above the 6. Plus now we're even unlimited does n have a 5 month season. As stated my job allowed me out every day. Hunt multiple states as well.
    Your shots w any head should be taken close n in effective range, I've been shooting jackhammers 15 years at deer presenting cake shots n don't crawl around looking for em. They're down very quick.
    You show lack of intelligence or Internet muscles n you have zero idea what you're even assuming or about who.
    Kinda thinking it's gotta be a miserable pathetic life to assume the worst n look for deception in others. The only ones that I know that do are the deceptive ones.
    Pm me ill help you out

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  5. Bowguy

Bowguy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ah that's cute bro, cartoon stuff like a chick. Do you ever stand to pee?

6. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wasn't your first post on this thread an assumption about the author and the article since you didn't read it and assumed he was trying to deceive new comers.

7. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was trying to tell you that I think you are a horses patootie and that I dont think you seem to fit in very well without being an *** like you. You seriously challenged someone to say something to your face on a archery forum.. grow up.

8. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Since you unequivocally removed all doubt of our need for hip boots, I bought extras.

jaxhipbt.jpg

Gentlemen let me know your size and I will mail them out to you.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  9. Bowguy

Bowguy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Meatball if someone called you a liar what would you do? Seems you're one of the follower type guys anyway n make no stance on your own but think about that someone who would initiate trouble when the intent was no bragging post. No one knows me. So what if I was lying which I wasnt, some stupid user name gets credit for being a hero? Hogwash. My intent was to explain experience with broadhead reaction. And to ensure a buncha new guys weren't scrambling to buy/try new broadheads as theirs weren't sufficient and that was it. You feel the need to follow a guy that obviously doesn't have a clue, well they call the blind following around others clueless sheeple

10. Bowguy

Bowguy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i don't know what's what with you guys. I never said he was trying to deceive. I said often people try n sell new angles in order to sell a story. The craziness newcomers see in archery styles is wide enough. Get ready I'm gonna lie again, I'm an instructor n yesterday while teaching a lady she told me she bought a new bow. It was a basic, friendly to shoot, compound. She was panicked because she was told by folks she ordered a kids bow. It's just not true. A beginners bow yes, she's a beginner n doesn't need to drop 1500 on a super fast hard to shoot bow. She isn't ready for that n made a good choice w purchase. My point is the conflicting information had her calling companies. Bow shops, asking everyone who honestly didn't have a clue. Wasn't saying the writer didn't but I didn't agree

11. Bowguy

Bowguy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

12. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

13. tred

tred Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I do not care if you shoot a arrow that is 2" in diameter or one that is 1/4". Shot placement is the point. Mechanical or fixed in the shoulder you might find the deer. Rebar thru the lungs find in 60 yards. Use what you like and shoot the dam deer. Any deer you bring home it was a great hunt.

14. MOBU

MOBU Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    To the left of my printer(Prairie Farm WI)
    ENOUGH ALL READY!!!!

BOTH OF YOU TWO, LETS BE ADULTS HERE! I'M TIRED OF THIS BICKERING.

What was a thought provoking article, I don't care who said what or started it, JUST STOP!

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sometimes it is best to encourage an individual to continue ranting so all doubt can be removed rather than just speculating.

16. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  17. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If someone called me a liar on a bowhunting forum on the internet.. I would probably pull my big boy pants up and move on. I doubt I would start freaking out, calling people names or challenging anyone to fight me. Again sir, grow up.

download (4).jpg

18. bow nut

bow nut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, please! ***** like old women!

19. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shot placement, two holes is key for me. Whether they get shot by a slick trick standard or a big killzone in the quiver doesnt seem to matter. Some run farther than others. As long as they're dead and I recover them Its all good. If Im worrying about them running Ill just gun hunt and shoot em through the shoulders

20. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received: