Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by RGV Hunter, Jan 26, 2017.
I got this idea from another thread. Here is my version of a DIY stabilizer.
I changed it up a bit.
Could you explain how you made it
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm curious too.
I did not take enough pictures but hopefully I can explain it.
On the end caps I used a 5/16 X24 stud with a nylon lock nut. The end caps are 3/4 inch brass end caps. I had to flatten the end some because when you buy them at the store they are slightly concave on the ends. I drilled a hole on the end caps and placed the stud with the nylon nut on the inside of it. To keep the stud straight on the end cap I temporarily used a nut on the outside of the end cap and hand tightened it. This keeps the stud as square as possible inside the end cap. I filled the end cap with guerrilla glue epoxy and placed the shafts into the end cap before the epoxy dried up. After it was all put together I used an allen wrench to hold the stud and turned the nut to remove it and then the stud stays in place. The ends of the shafts had to be cut at an angle (see first pic) to allow for the nylon nut to also fit inside the end cap. There is also a center shaft inside of it. I did the same thing to the other side and let it sit overnight. I then sealed it all up with 1 inch heat shrink tubing. I changed the color of the heat shrink and over lapped them to add rigidity to the finished product.
Hope this explains it. I like this better than the hi-tek kit that I used on another stabilizer.
Hmmm. Interesting. Let me digest it a little more and I'll probably have questions
Separate names with a comma.