DIY mule deer hunt

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by lgreenslade3, Jan 14, 2016.

1. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    LOL! I graduated from UW and you're exactly right, there are signs welcoming the opposing teams to 7200 ft. I agree that one should be in shape and shoot longer distances to get ready for a western hunt. Also, I would practice shooting while out of breath from climbing a hill because this is a very likely scenario you will encounter. Good luck. DO IT!

2. BH Bowhunter

BH Bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Plenty of public land in western South Dakota! The area I hunt every fall is a hour and 30 min north. Plenty of both mule and whitetail deer with low hunting pressure. Some good size bucks also! Good optics are a must! The terrain is very steep and rugged. We like to be atop the buttes by daybreak and glassing below until we find a good buck to go after. Very challenging, bring a good pair of hiking boots! 11-8-2015.jpg

3. victoryhunter

victoryhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    South Dakota has easy to draw tags, tons of walk in access public land, and good numbers of quality bucks. That being said I'm going to Nebraska in September for the same reasons plus their OTC tags are the cheapest and I have a friend there that can scout for me ahead of time.

4. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    To my knowledge there is no research to suggest that there is any benefit to using an altitude mask. It is just a gimmick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk