Disappointment!

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by Woodsmaker2, Feb 25, 2022.

1. Woodsmaker2

Woodsmaker2 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm wondering if anyone out there feels the same way I do. Not sure if my expectations for the show are too high because I've enjoyed Bowhunt or Die for so many years. It just seems to me that this was a very disappointing year as far as quantity and quality of the show. The team members seem as good as ever, but the content seems down. Hoping by bring this up, maybe improvements can be made. Or if the show is on it's way out, want to say it's been a joy watching since the beginning. All things run it's course I guess. Thanks for understanding and would be interested in any thoughts.

jgaudiojr likes this.
  2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Dang, I thought we did pretty good last year! Well, outside of myself and Graf that is. :poke:

3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think a few shows had rough seasons...the hunting public complained a lot about it. And a few others mentioned struggles.... almost good to see I wasn't the only one...Lol

4. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure what you were expecting. There were a good number of episodes. Some nice bucks killed. There is definitely alot more bonus material with ask the pros and trophy doe, turkey and antelope hunts than years back. What exactly do you mean by “the content is down”?

5. Woodsmaker2

Woodsmaker2 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Like I said, my expectations may be too high. Just didn't seem to be as many deer hunting videos as the season went on. That's what I meant by content. Still best hunting show out there. Thanks for taking my comments so well!

6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    It's funny how people's expectations change with time. We used to do one episode a week on Friday mornings. We'd have about 30 total shows per year. Now we try to do at least 2 or 3 per week during the hunting season and end up with 80-100 videos/year. That's the new "normal" amount of content, so if we deviate from that at all, it seems like we're slacking off. It's never easy, that's for sure!

In all honesty, Todd and I definitely slacked on our content this year. We both had terrible seasons with not much to show for it, and other guys were killing deer and having good encounters, so we took a back seat to their content instead. We are both sitting on some footage from the end of the year that will need to see the light of day before long. I've just been absolutely slammed with "real job" work and haven't had time to even think about it yet.

jgaudiojr, jonderrs7 and oldnotdead like this.
  7. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  8. Brian Walters

Brian Walters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I don’t get this complaint at all.

I thought there was a ton of footage and great storylines…especially towards the end of the season.

Not as many videos as the season went on…compared to what? You say your expectations are high…but you never shared what your expectations are. So, what are you expecting?

Best hunting show out there…but then make a comment about the show possibly being on its last leg. “All things run its course”…but it’s the best show out there? I’m having trouble following that logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

9. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    As far as content goes, I think it's great as it has always been. Now there does seem there has been a little less work on the production side in recent years. Most likely do to trying to get more content out faster. Don't beat me up. Just watch this year videos compared to earlier seasons.

10. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Our goal for 2022 is actually to make a few less videos, but have them be of higher quality. In our rush to get content out all the time, we put out a few duds along the way. I'll be the first to admit that. I wasn't really happy with that so if we're judging simply based on the volume of content, this year is going to be a dud. But it will certainly be better in terms of storylines and production quality, which IMO, is way more important than just doing a lot of videos.

11. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hold on.... You're telling me there's a show?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

12. Brian Walters

Brian Walters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I actually like the videos being a little more raw and natural without a ton of background music. Not everyone gets to hear some of the sounds you guys hear and the things you see unvarnished in the woods so for it to be as natural as possible is great IMO. I’m not saying just throw some unedited junk out there, but having it be real is luring to me. I appreciate the show!

13. jgaudiojr

jgaudiojr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I miss the old one episode a week format. I think the extra time you had to edit the show really showed in the presentation. It was nice to look forward to. The hosting and commentary between segments was great. Plus the intro and music from 2013/2014ish was sick.

14. Woodsmaker2

Woodsmaker2 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just letting you know, show is off to a great start this season. this last episode with Dustin and his wife was fantastic! Love the excitement they showed.

dstouffer likes this.
  15. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So when are we going to start seeing deer contest updates in the BHOD episodes? Just a few minutes of smack talk about different teams, lead changes, maybe show case some harvests like you do with viewer submissions? After all the people in the contest are certainly watching your vids! Marketing my guy.... Certainly better then Todd rambling on about a whole lot of nothing.... :poke:

MUDSHARK likes this.
  16. Mckyd

Mckyd Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've watched the show since season 1. I've always enjoyed the content. It did seem to get busier in the more recent seasons, but still enjoyable. Keep up the good work, and bow hunt or die!!