Disappointed

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Straight Shooter, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey BigRed, all I want to know is; where the heck were you 20+ years ago when I started raising kids? This is brilliant stuff, BRILLIANT!!! I could have saved all of those pesky heart to heart talks and life lessons etc etc through just a simple smack upside the head. But not just a graze upside the head, because that would be unethical. I'm talking a good solid shot upside the head. That's pure genius dude, you're a regular Dr. Spock!

2. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Isn't there a parenting forum where we can all post on threads on how we all treat our children? :evilgrin:

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just don't get that you won't acknowledge the fact that he indeed did have a completely separate thread in which he did express "caring" about wounding the deer.

4. BigRedOak

BigRedOak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Keep looking for that fountain of smart, apparently you don't understand the concept of hyperbole.

5. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The mods have their finger on the trigger .... and it is one fat finger .... :D

6. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I believe it proves that anything can happen when you put that finger on the trigger. Oh yeah, and also that you're a slight hypocrite. And also, the bigger they are the harder they fall BigRed.

7. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hahahahaha. That's funny Tony

8. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I also believe that the ONLY thing The Kid did wrong from the get go, was not articulate his dilemma clearly enough for a simpleton like you to understand. I am impressed that you used and actually typed such a Big word BigRed. However I think you need to look it up and please take your time and pay attention. I'm starting to think that your daddy may have smacked you upside the head one too many times.

9. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Seriously guys???

10. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Seriously I tried to stay out of this thread as long as I could, but seriously I don't like bullies. Seriously though, I'll try harder next time, sorry Tony.

11. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I wonder what some of you guys would have said 12 years ago when I posted a thread on the old board about wounding a doe and searching for three days and not finding her. I didnt get a pat on the back, I got a hard dose of reality from the members and while it sucked being ripped a new one, it was also the best thing for me. I put much more pressure on myself to be overly picky about my shot selection! It has been 12 years and I still think about some of the tips and info those guys gave me and haven't lost a single deer since. A hard dose of reality is what EVERY person who posts about loosing a deer needs, yes things happen, but we have to put ourselves in the best position to avoid those "things" every single time or have the strength to pass up that shot and hope for another chance.

12. juice9

juice9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    just speechless My father taught me when you have nothing good to say or add dont say anything.

13. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bunch of grown men bashing a kid......pretty classy
    I think the kid was upset because he had ruined his only set of camo and couldnt replace them.

Honestly if I lost a deer and ripped up my camo looking for it I would be bummed also.

14. Illinoishunter102

Illinoishunter102 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think experience is the best teacher. He messed up the shot on his doe, no doe to be found, she is alive and everything seems to be ok. Sure, he ripped up his pants and that just added to his stress. I've lost a buck before, and I know how he feels. Im sure many others have lost deer before too and felt bad about it.

So that being said, now that hes experienced a situation like this, hopefully he can capitalize on his mistake and do better on his next hunt. Theres no reason to bash him, hes just starting out like many of us did.

I just gotta say that there are some members on here that think they really hold the answer to everything and anything besides their thoughts are flat out wrong. Some of the grown guys on here take away the fun on this forum. Seriously.

15. 00BigMattyC00

00BigMattyC00 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In a society where our hobby/way of life/ enjoyment is VERY taboo to people I think it is terrible that this is getting blown up to the point that it is. I am a 2nd year hunter but a 18yr bow hunter and I am 23. I might be in downstate NY on Long Island but hunting is becoming a forgotten sport. Bowhunting MORE IMPORTANTLY is nearly gone for kids these days. I coach a PAL archery league and in the last 5 years we went from 6 classes a week of 30 kids/class down to 3 classes a week of barely 20. Now I am not a seasoned veteran, I am not a long time way of life hunter, but do we really want to be harping on people like that. I learned how to hunt and shoot from my fathers best friend. He told me the greatest days he has hunting, is when a new shooter or grandson or friends son, shoots their first deer. He said there is nothing like seeing that joy and excitement in the next generation. People need to learn to pass KNOWLEDGE on to younger people before they just come out and pass JUDGEMENT.

Just my .02 as a cocky dumb 23yr old Long Islander.

16. Locum51

Locum51 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How's the weather where your at?.....oh wait wrong thread.

In all seriousness it came down to shot selection (which everyone has made a bad shot)**, however, to completely ream without knowing his full story (thought process and emotions before and after the shot) is just a bad choice on *insert name(s) here*.

**= if you think you haven't, well your full of it.

17. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This shows more class and maturity than any of you bashing him have.
    jerks......

18. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    "Last night when I was tracking a deer that I ended finding out was a non fatal shot....my one good pair of camo clothes got shredded last night Now idk what im going to do!"

The above quote is what most people responded to in the original thread. It also came on the heels of about 20 other "I shanked a deer and am looking for it on my keyboard" type threads as well as Vitos over/under thread on wounded deer. Thus some of the responses, for the record none of them "broke my heart". But now anyone who commented on it is a mean old bully and an internet jerk. Lol what a joke, I feel like I'm watching The View (not that I watch The View of course). FTR when my son was 15 he wished I were as soft as some of those "harsh" responses were. My 6 year old daughter has thicker skin than some folks on here. Oh no....I fear I may have lost some respect on the internet...dang.

19. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Its time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.