Disappointed

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Straight Shooter, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juice9

juice9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    went back to read old thread seen no bashing or anything about clothing? oh well lesson in life people are much different over the internet then they are in person.

2. BigRedOak

BigRedOak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    People's mentality these days makes me sick. Everyone is entitled to everything. Everyone is a victim.

If I had a 15 year old son that took a 30 yard shot at a deer, had no idea whether he wounded the animal, showed no remorse, and wanted to whine about his clothes, I would smack him upside the head and confiscate his bow until he grew up a little. Instead we have a society that wants to whine when this kid gets any kind of rebuke for his unethical behavior.

3. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I must say I had read hunter97’s first post and then read is next post and didn't pay much attention to anything other than he needed new cloth. So he took a shot and couldn't find the deer. It happens to everyone if not you’re F***ing outstanding and the best hunter in the entire world congratulations on the success. Heck pat yourself on the back for us all. So here’s what I've learned thus far, we should always make a reference list of all associated threads if we are going mention anything about them in a new thread. Got it.

I wish October 1st would just get here already. Every year about this time there seems to be a few threads that get blown out of control. I find them completely humorous and enjoy every aspect of them. I just sit here trying to picture someone sitting at their computer face turned bright red fist pounding the heck out of their desk, table or what have you all the while yelling at their wife or significant other “Shut up I’m busy” when they are asked what’s going on. I bet some people even lose sleep over comments on a post. lol Awe this stuff is great. As far as BH.com goes I have no reviews to compare it to other sites as I've never been on any other sites. This place is still amazing to me to say the least. There are a few knuckle heads but for most part we are all straight shooters. I'm as serious as they come in all of my comments or threads, so listen to me when I say ” Wheres mi mantequilla de maní y jalea”. You can google the translación. Good day all.

4. Doublelung1977

Doublelung1977 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Everyone Complaining about this kids hunt is full of B.S. everyone is an expert,everyone wants to be the ethics police. I would bet most of everybody had at one point said to themselves" I probably shouldn't of takin that shot" regardless of the outcome. And I believe that kids story, that arrow either flew over or under the deer just grazing it. The impact sound was probably a rock in the field. if it isn't correct s.t.f.w. mind your own.
    according to red oaks comment, the real problem today's is everybody wants to critique others than themselves.
    By the way. 30 yards isn't far anyway big guy.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  5. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Should he have asked for us to give him a pity party? He said he felt like crap, I suppose he could have expounded upon what feeling like crap meant, but my assumption was he felt bad for making a bad shot.

6. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think more people need to be out hunting....

Chin up hunter, and good luck the rest of the season.

7. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ¿Has mirado debajo de la cama?

8. c gat

c gat Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Its a sad world. A kid wants to hunt, the generation that holds the future of hunting in thier hands, and he gets made to look like an idiot by people who have no buisness opening thier damn mouths.

9. BigRedOak

Dislikes Received:
    I think a lot of people here are missing the point. The reason people were negative toward the kid is that he was more concerned about his clothes than the deer. I won't give anyone crap about making a bad shot, as long as they show the proper priorities and concern.

Whatever, I am done with this. If you guys want cry about this kids $20 ripped camo jeans from walmart, be my guest. If it were my kid I'd tell him to get a paper route and buy himself a new pair of camos. I guess some people prefer to sit around pitying themselves and thinking about what a victim they are.

10. BigRedOak

Dislikes Received:
    One more thing before I head back out hunting on this beautiful Friday. It seems to me that there are basically two types of people. One type punishes their kid for getting a D in school, the other type coddles the kid and blames it on the teacher. A few tough words never killed a 15 year old. Hopefully next year he will have his priorities straight.

11. juice9

juice9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    thank god my hunting season is almost here!!! breath smile

12. c gat

c gat Newb

Dislikes Received:
    But its ok for the guy who goes out, shoots a buck, cant find it, then goes out and repeats the same thing the same afternoon' then wants to ask dumb a$$ questions about arrows and other bs. Oh, he got tons of info on kenitic energy and arrow weight and what not, but the question of ethics was hardly addressed, when this was a perfect example of unethical hunting and lack of common sense. Don't play that ethics card when actions like this are overlooked on this fourm then rip the kid a new one for a mistake, and I highly doubt if you had a 15 year old you react that way.

13. Doublelung1977

Doublelung1977 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    "I shot a small buck tonight and I hope to have my hands on him within 18 hours; I shot him at 6 and hope to be able to get him by noon. The low tonight is 40 and the high tomorrow is 60; the meat should still be fine, correct?

For anyone interested, here is the story:

I've had an extremely slow start to the season in NOVA despite hunting hard every weekend. I passed on a doe the first night and then regretted it because I've been skunked several times since. So I shot a small buck tonight, only my second archery deer. It was a 28 yard shot, and I was absolutely amazed how far the deer appeared to move while the arrow was in the air. He turned 270 degrees (three quarters of a circle) and ran directly away from me. I thought he turned fast enough that it was a clean miss because the arrow appeared to pass by him while he was already turned 90 degrees. The deer also appeared to bound off as if it weren't hurt, and the arrow hit a stump with such a loud thud that it seemed as if it couldn't have passed through. However, I got down and got the arrow and there is bright blood on all three vanes, although not much.

So it appears to me that it has to be a complete pass through and not a grazing; I don't know how else there could be blood all around the shaft and on all three vanes. I didn't want to push it tonight since it could be a one lung shot."

Anyway, wish me luck.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

So that was bigredoak's season last year. Sound familiar?

14. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ^^ this isn't the right thread they were referring to.

15. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think its time for someone else to start a Drinking from the stand thread to pull everyone away from this. I bet it makes it to 2 replies before its locked. lol

16. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    I really don't see the point of calling for locking a thread unless it gets personal. I don't really see this being too personal.

Again, just disappointed in the reaction of some of our members. I clearly posted the original thread so those that jumped all over his case because he didn't have any respect from the animals could see that he infact did have a completely separate thread in which he did show regret for making a poor shot. And not one of those people that jumped his case have stepped up and admitted that they were too hard on him. Just pathetic in my opinion.

17. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So I think I am going to pay attention to this thread and make a bag of popcorn. Actually I agree with Fitz that more people should be hunting. :tu:

18. ALL4HUNTIN

ALL4HUNTIN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    All I can say is "WOW".....................

Really?????

19. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I'm stuck in a cubical for another 45 minutes:(

20. BigRedOak

Dislikes Received:

What do you think that proves?

Let me say this one more time and maybe you can get it. The kid got a negative reaction because he gave the impression of caring more about his clothes than a possibly wounded deer. Do I need to repeat that a third time??

As for my deer, I didn't get a wink of sleep, drove back 1.5 hrs the next day perfectly prepared to search for 8 hours. I found it in 40 minutes. I can post a picture for you when I get home if you like.

Now if I had posted about possibly wounding a deer but being for concerned about my stubbed toe, I would have justifiably received a hostile reaction. Comprende?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.