Disappointed in Mathews

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Dwight Shrute, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Dwight Shrute

Dwight Shrute Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I ordered a new Creed XS and was told it would take up to 5 weeks for delivery. At the time I ordered I was ok with the fact that I would be able to hunt from DEC 15th to JAN 2nd. Two weeks of hunting with my new bow would be awesome so I paid in full and placed my order. Now six weeks later they are telling me it will be 8 WEEKS! If I knew there was no chance to hunt with it I would have waited for many reasons including the before mentioned. I don't blame my retailer, but kinda feel burned. Am I overacting?

2. Dunlap

Dunlap Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think I would be pissed as well.

3. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    WOW that should be something they should have stock in. When I ordered my XT back in 07 I had it ordered brand new within a week. Mathews just keeps pushing me away.

4. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am thinking loaner... no reason that can't happen.

5. Dwight Shrute

Dislikes Received:
    When I ordered mine they only had a demo. They have received stock since then, but mine was ordered with a couple of extras. A week would have been great!

6. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah. See if you can use the demo.

Ordered the Chill'R but still have the MR7 to hunt with so I'm in no rush.

7. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Two things observed here.
    1. Buy and shoot the bow in the off season, being ready for the season.
    2. Buy the bow over the counter from the shop that will service, warrenty, and allow you to shoot it prior to the sale.

I absolutly love my Mathews Bow but also know that I need to allow lead time for these things prior to going into the field.
    Good Luck with your situation-

8. SPOTnSTALK

Dislikes Received:
    O ... 5 weeks is not ever going to happen with me. I will get in the truck and drive to the next state if I need to get my hands on the bow I am after.... Just saying-

9. Dwight Shrute

Dislikes Received:
    For the record, I am supporting my local retailer by purchasing directly from them. Their ability to help me is restricted only by Mathews. I guess I am basing my pitty party on the fact that 5 weeks has turned into 8 weeks. If it were 6 weeks I would be disappointed, but could understand. 2 months is too long IMO

10. ib_reel

ib_reel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    All our local dealers are loaded with them, every size color or draw you need..... Can't see it being a supply issue!

11. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I am not surprised. I ordered a Missions Craze for my daughter and it was 2 months before her birthday. On the 7th week they tell me it might be another 3 weeks. Ordered another bow from a different company and got it 3 days later.

Hutch

12. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It sure sounds like Mathews just keeps dropping the ball for alot of guys. I've heard some issues with mathews from some guys locally as well.

13. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I see your in TN. The dealer in Rockwood has about 4 of the Creed XS. Just seen them Thursday. Its about 3 hours from you though. Its called Jerry's Bait shop. They are a PSE, Hoyt, Mathews, Elite dealer.

14. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That is just a bit excessive. How do they need 2-3 months so ship a bow out.....Guess I got lucky with mine.

15. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I said when I talked to the dealer. Which I know it wasn't his fault. He told me 3weeks tops. Well it ended up a nightmare.

Hutch

16. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You might try American Archery in Georgia. Not sure if their a Mathews dealer. I know they sale Hoyt, PSE. I buy all mine from him. Ships it to you in 3 days. GREAT Prices too. If you wanna call that dealer in Rockwood. The price on the Lost Camo Creed XS was $899. Not sure if thats good for them or not.

17. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A few things to remember here and in no way am I defending Mathews just a thought. We see posts like this every year and they are always the same thing.

Within the last few weeks Mathews just rolled out the new line of bows. This means that demand is at a high. So with that demand they need to fill Pro orders in order to get the newest bows on TV as soon as possible. And like any manufacturer soon as they become available to ship they usually start at the best producers first. Those dealers that sell the most bows usually get them first.

I am curious if your pro shop actually called and asked for a specific date or did they just go by what the word in the industry is. If they went with the second they would have been right that a lot of dealers were getting bows in the next few weeks. I know for a fact that I was at my local shop yesterday and they have several hanging on the wall right now.

To order a Mathews this time a year will always be a gamble. With the rollout of the bows, Mathews Reatailer Show, and the holidays all falling within a very short few week window this is something that will never end as long as the don't change the roll out and show dates.

Good luck getting your bow and I know you will love it once it shows up. Guess a question I have for the original poster though is why would you want to switch bows during the season? I won't change a darn thing on my bow during the season. Day after season is over I will change up a ton of stuff but never before.

18. SPOTnSTALK

Dislikes Received:
    I think I am going ta go shoot a few rounds... Right Now! -----> SsssWACK!

19. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Very true, my dealers was a top retailer for mathews on the east coast and they got a large stock in a week after they were announced and still have them in stock

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

20. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This isn't anything unusual based on my experience with Mathews. Specifically when I have special ordered bows. Not saying I don't like it. I have just grown use to it. I typically always have to order my bow being I am left handed. If not, I end up waiting 4-6 weeks if not longer on a cam....