Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Dirty rotten...

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by TJF, Feb 28, 2010.

1. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Tyler is playing dirty and stole two sets from me the last two outings. He is using my old dirty tricks that I need to use to even the odds since he has been running all over me in the last few years in shed numbers. These old knees and eyes just aren't what they used to be. LOL

The first set... I was rounding a corner in a corn field and saw he was glassing from a hill on his side into my area. At first I thought he was glassing deer but no. He points and hollers sheds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fast forward to today ( Sat ). We just got done with a big walk. I am running on empty so we decide to hit a easy spot on the way home that is usually good for a shed or two. We always spilt the areas in half. He gets one side... I get the other. Otherwise he runs his areas and comes and snoops on mine. Another one of my dirty tricks to keep him at bay. Remember I am old and the knees and eye aren't what they used to be. LOL

We walk into the spot and right away he finds a shed on his side. I start walking my side but have to go back and hit a spot in the corner. While I am walking back to it. He hollers he found a shed. Then a comment about... " Dad... I was not trying to look into your area but the shed just stood out. " . I holler back at him and tell him to keep his darn wandering eyes on his side and quit looking into my area. I hear... " Dad it is a 6 pt !! ". I am thinking... what a turd !!! He said something else but I was too busy snooping in the corner and didn't catch what he said.

I make my way over there and he is smirking at me. It wasn't one shed but 2 sheds. A matched 6x6 set.

[​IMG]

He is suppose to be on the other side of the trees in this next picture !! Ya right... the shed just stood out !!

[​IMG]

I give him grief for his wandering feet and eyes. We are laughing about it while he snaps a couple pictures.

Here is the set once we get home. Very bloody bases and looks like they were dropped the night before.

[​IMG]

It was a great day to be out. We are still seeing quite a few bucks carrying. And not to worry... I will get my revenge !!! :)

Tim

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  2. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That is to funny! My buddy and I do the same thing about sides! Glad that we are not the only ones that do it. LOL

3. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just showed all the pics to my wife and oldest boy, whom I'm heading out with this afternoon to hunt sheds with... they're duly impressed! :D

4. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wish I could take a walk. Watching the boy for a bit, then off to the shooting lane at Gander to put the finishing touches off on my Sentinel. 3D league starts tomorrow.

5. ISiman/OH

ISiman/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Jeez i really need this snow to melt a bit so i can get back out there.

6. wiaxle

wiaxle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I feel for ya :D

I always gotta keep my dad away from where I am, he has a nasty habit of coming over to look at what I found, and while I am doing my due diligence (picture taking) he always seems to find one in the area I was working over, did that 3 times last year and as recently as yesterday, (should have found 5 yesterday but had to settle at 4)

7. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LOL Tyler does the same thing !! I made him carrying the camera and take pictures to keep him distracted. It doesn't always work and he still gets a few sheds in my area.

Tim

8. dukemichaels

dukemichaels Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's cool to see you both enjoy each others company so much!:D

9. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Love those snowy find pix! Great looking 6x6 what kind of inches did you get out of those two sides?

10. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Left side was 64... right side 60. He is only a 3.5 year old buck. He has good mass and main beam length but shorter tined. Would love to find him next fall !!!! He is going to be very nice !!

Tim

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  11. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    dang nice Tim, gonna be a great one this fall, like ya said those sheds were still steamin when ya picked em up..great finds! stuff I found this weekend was hit hard with weathering and chewing.. bucks dropped as far back as Christmas here and it doesnt take long for them to get wrecked..

12. Metzger

Metzger Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Great looking sheds. I like having someone to go out and walk around with me while im out shedding. Only problem I have is I dont want them to find "my" sheds! lol