Dirty 30 Official Team Thread

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by jfergus7, Aug 16, 2015.

1. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bighoss
    He just didn't have it clipped onto his bowstring, people forget, even Ferg ,LOL, kiddin bud. I still like the thought of it not clanging on my steps and stand.
    Rocky

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  2. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Wonder where Siman has been? Must be hunting hard! Haven't heard from him in some time.
    Rocky

3. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Heading over to the river bottom lease this morning to try for the drop tine buck not got a great wind but its doable.....

4. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Going to try a pinch point today with a south wind,I;ve seen some pretty good bucks use it chasing does, -4c with a +3 for the high. Let's do some killing team ,good luck all!
    Rocky

5. BigHoss

BigHoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am off tomorrow, Thursday and Friday and I am going to try to sit dark to dark as much as possible. I have to drop my daughter off at school tomorrow morning but am free after that. We are supposed to have 25 to 35 mile an hour winds, 40 degrees and rain tomorrow and it looks like they extended the wind through Thursday now. This is the last time that I have scheduled time off so I am kind of down to the wire.

6. BigHoss

BigHoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well that was my plan before the power has been out all night. Ready ready in the dark is one thing but doing laundry by hand may just be over the top.

Sent from my miracle pocket communication device.

7. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    One Buck
    Saw him at 1:20 and he wasn't looking hard , didn't respond to a grunt or antlers clashing, should start any day ,I actually didn't even have time to draw on him, I did but he'd passed already. Not used to hunting in long grass, very quiet. The frost had melted and the grass was wet, he might have scored 100, would have got a pass. Back at it tomorrow for another all dayer!
    Rocky

8. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Saw a button buck and a small 8 today between 9 and 10 an. Never saw another one the rest of the day. The all day sit today really has me stoved up. Was a long painful walk out even though it was only 300 yards.

Going to do a morning sit tomorrow and then I need to check all the ground blinds to make sure they are tied down good. These high winds coming Thursday and Friday will make kites out of them if I don't. Also have to put the orange swatches on them before Saturdays gun opener.

9. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm heading out in a bit. I'm off work until the 18th. Hopefully I'll put one down and help the team. Supposed to start storming tonight. Hopefully I'll catch one cruising before the storm hits.

10. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Another All Dayer
    Well zero till 3:20 ,then all hell broke loose 2 does and a fawn walked in followed by a 3x3 chasing, he chased till 4:30 then broke off a doe and a fawn, left the other fawn by her self. No sooner they get out of site then walks in 5 more does ,4 mature and a fawn. Totally pissed me off, they came to with in 30 yards and I couldn't get a shot off for a 1/2 hour then hit the road. I walked out 1/2 hour early and on the feild were 26 deer, bucks were chasing. Was a sight to see, their getting close, pretty soon it will be lock down. The 15th seems bang on. Tomorrow I have to give my leg a brake and sit in the blind and keep my leg warm. If I don't I won't be able to walk ,maybe they'll be in the feild early again! Good luck team , shoot straight! Oh yeah, almost forgot, dang house backing on to where I hunt has 2 dogs and they barked for 3 hours of the day, at what! I don't know, but I almost packed up and went home early, good thing I didn't. :deer:
    Rocky

11. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I was out today. Used a vacation day and sat most of the day. Had a small 8 chasing a doe all over around 3. Then had 3 does milling around for almost an hour but no signs of other bucks in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    smctitan
    How come you didn't take a doe if they were milling around you? I would have last night but didn't get a shot!
    Rocky

13. smctitan

Dislikes Received:
    We have unlimited doe tags here in MD and our season goes until Jan 31st. I have plenty of time for meat. This is the 2-3 weeks during the season where does in the area are like live decoys. I let them get a pass to keep the bucks roaming around.

14. smctitan

Dislikes Received:
    Duplicate post

15. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well went out and found my release!!! Checked cameras but not as good as I hoped will be back out tomorrow!

16. BigHoss

BigHoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had a nice 130ish buck at 17 yards and didn't shoot because the shot looked blocked. He was chasing a doe and only stood for a few seconds and then was gone again. After everything settled down the only thing I could see is one thistle that would have been right next to him but I couldn't tell that looking through the peep with one eye. I only saw obstruction. I know I did the right thing but the what ifs keep playing in my head.

I saw him twice today and he didn't spook, maybe I can get another crack at him tomorrow, the wind is supposed to settle down.

17. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guys- as you may know Indiana is a one buck state. Tomorrow is the start of our gun season. It is very (highly) likely that I may use up my Buck tag in the morning.

I will try to get out with my bow and take another doe if that happens so I can help out the team score.

18. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Season's Over For Me
    Finally had a shooter at 5 feet ,170+ and I couldn't draw:mad:,had his nose to the ground all the way up the trail to me. To say I'm pissed is to say I'm really pissed at myself, should have taken Matt's advice and lowered my draw weight even more. Who'd a thought I couldn't continue to draw 50 pounds after doing it for 2 months leading up to the incedent? I'm on a mission to strengthen my self over the winter. Thought I did that this summer but I was wrong :evilgrin:.If I can't do it by sign up time next year I won't enter the contest. The only way I can garentee signing up is if I go to a crossbow! I feel I let the team down by not signing up healthy, sorry guys , doesn't seem to matter to the team points as were 2nd to last place. It's not about what place were in it's about meeting new freinds and that I did! Good luck the rest of the way, I can only be a cheerleader from now on out! Legs are killing me from continued walks into the bush and all day sits. That will be fixed by summer with my knee replacements. Hopefully I'll be able to hunt still the next few years. It's the only place that feels like home to me! Good luck and God Bless!
    Rocky :mad:

19. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Finally made it back out this afternoon after taking a few days off since screwing up my hunt on that big 150" on Monday. Didn't see anything but heard a lot of activity in the woods just to my west. Will be back at it tomorrow for part of the day and all day on Monday!

20. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thought I'd share my buddies buck from yesterday with yall. A buck we called OH MY!

Looks like I'll get the answer to what he scores soon :)

[​IMG]

I ended up shooting a 9 point yesterday with my gun, nothing special just a good buck. SIL took a 7 point.